Obama vs Trump: Is personality more important than principle?

This is an excellent video by Russell Brand, which I think all the so called liberal anti-trump rioters should watch, then have a sit down and think about it.

The sun did not shine out of Obama's back side. He was just very good at pulling the wool over people's eyes.

This is an excellent video by Russell Brand, which I think all the so called liberal anti-trump rioters should watch, then have a sit down and think about it.

The sun did not shine out of Obama's back side. He was just very good at pulling the wool over people's eyes.

I think Obama made some bad decisions, some of those decisions were under time constraints (Syria - particularly the chemical weapons thing) and he was unable to get much done. The president of the USA will never be universally popular and make bad decisions, wrong decisions and decisions they'd probably prefer not to make. Trump has just waded in with little thought or planning. He didn't need to do it straight away - if it was planned better it might have worked out alright. Detaining 5 year olds and refusing people with legitimate visas suggests he made it up on the back of a fag packet.

Didn't watch the video by the way. I like brand the actor - get him to the Greek was hilarious but he generally tries to use long words but say very little.

Oh goody. Russell Brand the "political activist" is back.

Obviously got a new book or film to promote.

Why does it have to be binary? People who don't like Trump aren't necessarily fans of Obama, many weren't. Lots of people who are anti-Trump were very critical of Obama's drone strikes, for example. But Obama didn't run around the place badmouthing Christians and white people and generally behaving like an entitled 9 year old, so that will have helped with how he was perceived. Trump is a president elected by a minority, unlike Obama, so you might think he would temper his approach a bit but no, he seems incapable of that, probably because he is just a giant child.

Why does it have to be binary? People who don't like Trump aren't necessarily fans of Obama, many weren't. Lots of people who are anti-Trump were very critical of Obama's drone strikes, for example. But Obama didn't run around the place badmouthing Christians and white people and generally behaving like an entitled 9 year old, so that will have helped with how he was perceived. Trump is a president elected by a minority, unlike Obama, so you might think he would temper his approach a bit but no, he seems incapable of that, probably because he is just a giant child.

Well said that man.

Well said that man.

Its an insult to children, dt may be very immature but please show some respect for our children.

A bit like Brand then! His personality is certainly more important than his principles.

A bit like Brand then! His personality is certainly more important than his principles.

Brand is a dick but he was never the leader of the western world

My opinion of Brand is less biting than some and the video tells us what most know already. American Presidents are more than capable of talking crap and disguising the truth just like anyone else.

The stark difference between Obama and Trump for me anyway is that impending doom was not a real/tangible concern. Obama's methodical destruction of the world was draped behind a more likeable (loosely) personality.