Chocolate bars to be reduced in size.

But you will be able to buy 4 get 1 free.

Imagine the High Street with a 20% reduction in waist line size. The planet would tilt back on its axis. No more coastal erosion as the sea retreats. inland flooding would become a thing of the past as the rivers settle back to pre-Rowntree, Nestle, Cadbury levels.

I blame the chocolate egg. Best seller ever.

I'm not surprised since they've been in the stores since Boxing Day.

But you will be able to buy 4 get 1 free.

Imagine the High Street with a 20% reduction in waist line size. The planet would tilt back on its axis. No more coastal erosion as the sea retreats. inland flooding would become a thing of the past as the rivers settle back to pre-Rowntree, Nestle, Cadbury levels.

I bought 3 eggs last week and they're definitely smaller and don't taste the same. I will not be buying them again.

I bought a multi pack of Boost's took one out it was so small. I was tempted to have 2. I resisted lol

With regards to the multipacks, I've noticed that in supermarkets, you can often get packs of 4 Twirls, or Dairy Milk bars for £1. Ones on their own cost about 65p! I often have to stop myself from buying the multipacks, as I love chocolate, but my cholesterol is way too high as it is :(

The chocolate in some multi-pack brands are definitely smaller than 12 months ago. I help run a social club night every week for people with learning disabilities and we've always purchased the multi-packs in bulk, but, of late we decided to drop the price because of the decrease in size.

I can see people ordering cadburys in bulk from amazon soon, the bars sold abroad are not subject to our nosy and overprotective gorvernment guidelines.

Your loss.

The bars sold abroad taste of chocolate-flavoured baby sick.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 19:01 ----------

Just checked the price of my favourite and its 20% cheaper than average to go with the 20% smaller https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/Chocolate_Bags_Bars_And_Multipacks/Galaxy_Milk_Chocolate_Bar_42g.html

Galaxy, eh ?

So you are female.

With regards to the multipacks, I've noticed that in supermarkets, you can often get packs of 4 Twirls, or Dairy Milk bars for £1. Ones on their own cost about 65p! I often have to stop myself from buying the multipacks, as I love chocolate, but my cholesterol is way too high as it is :(

They arent the same size as individual ones though. 55g v 40g. Still work out cheaper though which is why people buy them.

In a bid by the Government to combat child obesity, some of the biggest chocolate manufactures are said to be reducing their products by 20 per cent - almost a quarter. I can't see the chocolate manufacturers reducing their prices accordingly. Why do the Government have to stick their noses in and try to control what people eat and drink? Surely it is up to parents to try and ensure their children are not overdosing on chocolate, not the states.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/mars-bars-kit-kats-dairy-9760867

You're right it is the parents responsibility but still 1/3 of British kids are overweight or clinically obese. The national trend in the childhood measurement survey (which really obese kids are often opted out of) is upward. So just as the state intervenes to educate kids, it does so to keep them, and us all, healthy, including paying the 10% of the NHS budget spent on diabetes.

Your loss.

The bars sold abroad taste of chocolate-flavoured baby sick.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 19:01 ----------

Galaxy, eh ?

So you are female.

what are you on about? They are made in the same factory. In poland. We will just get smaller ones in our shops. The 95 gram bar is made in Bournville. Other sizes come from poland.

My Mars Bars and Snickers Bars are loads smaller. Tight Gets.:rant:

It all started when we went metric bags of sweeties shrunk overnight weren't Mars bars as big as a brick and wagon wheels as wide as a cd???