How can win the hearts and minds of vulnerable muslims?

We could stop bombing the crap out of them, stop trying to tell them who should run their countries then we probably would not have much of a problem to worry about.

I assume the discussion is about British Muslims, if so we haven't bombed the crap out of their country and they get to vote like the rest of us who runs it.

Is there any constructive remedy to counteract the radical Islamic brainwashing techniques that corrupt the minds of so many young, impressionable, confused, muslims?

Probably not.

I believe that over time Muslims will be seduced to the West's consumerist lifestyle. It seems to have conquered all the other ideologies it's met, so I see no reason as why it shouldn't do the same to radical Islam. The leaders of radical Islam know this, it's why they hate and fear us so much.

Can a comparison be made to historical ideological conflicts now so many western countries enthusiastically encourage more and more muslims to their shores, potentially strengthening Islam's stake-hold and influence?

Maybe Islam followers should live in a Country that is wholly sympathetic to their chosen religion, not in one that is not. Problem solved?.

Angel1.

The serious question I'd like to ask is why someone, who has arrived in the UK out of choice, or been born here because their parents chose to come, is so disillusioned that they become radicalised.

What went wrong here for the people who support terrorism? Life for many in the UK is materially on a different plane to the life they've left; there is freedom here to worship their chosen religion without being persecuted for it; there may be some discrimination, but that is not limited to Muslims; many have taken advantage of our health service and been educated at no cost to themselves; many have worked hard to be successful materially.

Has anything been published that identifies the triggers?

The serious question I'd like to ask is why someone, who has arrived in the UK out of choice, or been born here because their parents chose to come, is so disillusioned that they become radicalised.

What went wrong here for the people who support terrorism? Life for many in the UK is materially on a different plane to the life they've left; there is freedom here to worship their chosen religion without being persecuted for it; there may be some discrimination, but that is not limited to Muslims; many have taken advantage of our health service and been educated at no cost to themselves; many have worked hard to be successful materially.

Has anything been published that identifies the triggers?

I doubt there's anything specific that triggers them, they'll just be like-minded individuals sharing similar character traits who have a common but misguided interest in Islam and find terrorism appealing. They're the hooligans of Islam.

I assume the discussion is about British Muslims, if so we haven't bombed the crap out of their country and they get to vote like the rest of us who runs it.

You dont think that British Muslims feel angry when they see their Muslim brothers and sisters in the Arab countries being murdered by the likes of Turkey, America, Us, France, and god knows who else?

If you left Blighty would you still care about it and the people living here?

You dont think that British Muslims feel angry when they see their Muslim brothers and sisters in the Arab countries being murdered by the likes of Turkey, America, Us, France, and god knows who else?If you left Blighty would you still care about it and the people living here?

That's probably the answer to the question, they see Muslims as their brothers and sisters and everyone else doesn't matter.

Can a comparison be made to historical ideological conflicts now so many western countries enthusiastically encourage more and more muslims to their shores, potentially strengthening Islam's stake-hold and influence?

I don't think that that is neither here or there, western consumerism is just too seductive. Look at the Muslim girls wearing their designer label headscarfs nowadays.

That's probably the answer to the question, they see Muslims as their brothers and sisters and everyone else doesn't matter.

You may have hit the nail on the head there.I view everybody as fellow human beings and do not distinguish between religions.