Whats that flipping pipe

Hi i live on the badger in one of the flat roofed houses. All of which seem to have a plastic pipe sticking out of the front of the propery in the middle between the two floors. Mine is driping water. What is this pipe and is it a problem that its dripping and how can i stop it from dripping please help its annoying me now.:confused:

Water tank overflow pipe? You may need a new ballcock.Search plumbing on SF.

is there any way i could tell by looking at it?

is there any way i could tell by looking at it?

Flat roof? Therefore no loft so your header tank is in the cylinder cupboard? May be a little hard to reach but easy to check. Suggest check toilet first. Take lid off toilet cistern, look at level of water, if it is upto the overflow then this is your problem, check by pressing down and checking water comes out of suspect pipe. If not the toilet then will be the header tank, which I suspect. Reach and feel water level, assess if it is as high as over-flow connection if you know which this is. Check again by pressing ball-valve down and watching over-flow pipe outside. hope this helps, cheers, Steve

As Steve said check your toilet. I'm sure thats what the pipe is for as a header tank would have a overflow higher up. Thanks Scott

definately the toilet overflowing,, ive worked in those houses before lovey !!!

because of the flat roofs most have combi boilers as there is no room for a decent head of pressure for a conventional/gravity system,

boilers are usually in the kitchen next to the sink !!!

a new ballvalve on your toilet or a simple diaphram on the existing one will sort it,

should be a cheap fix !

Edited by LeakyLloyd