How hard is it to get a council house on basegreen??

I put myself on the council housing register in 1999 so I have over 10years waiting time. I am currently private renting but paying a bomb!!! Me and my partner are both working and I have been looking to bid on 2 bed houses on basegreen but there has not been any, Has anyone been bidding and been sucessfull?? what situation was you in ? Etc.... I have no children and nothing that would put me as priorty. Just hopeing its not going to take a year or longer!!

If you've only got 10 years your not going to be top of the list.

Get bidding and bid often, you should probably get somewhere by 2020. If you bid for Gleadless/Burngreave you could probably get somewhere within the year.

Guest busdriver1
I put myself on the council housing register in 1999 so I have over 10years waiting time. I am currently private renting but paying a bomb!!! Me and my partner are both working and I have been looking to bid on 2 bed houses on basegreen but there has not been any, Has anyone been bidding and been sucessfull?? what situation was you in ? Etc.... I have no children and nothing that would put me as priorty. Just hopeing its not going to take a year or longer!!

This is like asking how long a piece of string is. All applications have their own priorities.

i don't want to sound grim but ten years, you have only just started and i don't think Basegreen is one of the easier estates both of you working cant you afford to buy one

If your renting private ok, why should you be given subsidised rent??

If your renting private ok, why should you be given subsidised rent??

Not subsisided, private landlords and landowners are subsidised. Working people are the exploited.

Consider the parasitic rentiers, of which there are many, especially in the UK.

I have been trying to get a council place on Basegreen now for 10 years....first as a single person, then as a parent....never any luck. Most of my family live on this estate (own homes) and I wanted to be close to them so I have eventually given in 4 years ago and began privately renting on this estate instead. This costs me nearly every penny Ive got incomming and I constantly keep trying still with the council but I have heard that the estimated waiting time for Basegreen houses is 40 years!!!! If i keep trying I might finally have got a place in time for my grandchildren to enjoy it!! lol Unfortunately I think your best bet to be on the estate would be to carry on privately renting or get a mortgage.

I bid on one a few months ago, its on my previous bids list, the winning bidder was registered since 1983 :|

I bid on one a few months ago, its on my previous bids list, the winning bidder was registered since 1983 :|

And you have to be 16 to register, which seems to me to be age discrimination.

They should let you register your children at birth due to the sheer size of the list, so they have a chance of getting somewhere before they die. The rate the list is growing it shall soon be longer than life expectancy itself!

I'm not TOO bothered about moving at the minute, we have got 3 children in a 2 bed house, but they're all girls so we're ok for now. I just bid on the odd one, knowing I've got no chance :hihi:

And you have to be 16 to register, which seems to me to be age discrimination.

They should let you register your children at birth due to the sheer size of the list, so they have a chance of getting somewhere before they die. The rate the list is growing it shall soon be longer than life expectancy itself!

would that not make the waiting list longer and make things worse:confused:

would that not make the waiting list longer and make things worse:confused:

The waiting list might aswell be long if only to signal the demand for public housing. By registering children it would surely allow for better planning into the future. Instead of them registering in 16 years time and the council taking 20 years to do something about the lack of housing, they would have prior notice of demand for housing.