Wanted: Cardboard Boxes For Moving House

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a good supply of cardboard boxes to help me move house?

I have asked at my local Supermarket but they can't supply me with any :huh:

Thank you.

Jess x x x x

do u know where ebuyer is located?? near the tram station!! they sell boxes tape wrapp etc

We ended up buying a load from the internet - can't remember what site but do a search and find the cheapest.

Places like Armadillo storgage do packs of boxes for moving a one-bed flat or a three bed house etc that include boxes, tape and dispenser but i think they're quite pricey!!

When I last moved I lived near a Netto. They used to have a metal cage near the checkouts full of cardboard boxes. I used to get them from there. Morrisons have a few but they tend to be lettuce boxes, and sainsbury's just keep the wine bottle boxes which are ok but small.

Wine bottles are good for heavy stuff like books but put a piece of paper on the inside before you fill them in because there's usually a gap and when you put the tape on them it can stick to the things inside!

theres a storage place somewhere around the magistrates courts- the name of which and exact location for the life of me i cant remember (try yell.com and look under storage)

they sell storage boxes for using in their indoor lock-ups and for moving house.

theres also a storage place next door to e-buyer just off woodburn road- not sure if they sell boxes though.

failing that- try your local thresher. i used to work in one of them and the cigarette delivery always used to come in fairly sturdy big brown boxes (no labels! lol). when i moved house, i took them flat packed and then just made them back up again with plenty of parcel tape. go in and ask, they only get flat packed and binned otherwise. you need to go in the same day as their delivery though as they will be unpacked and binned asap to keep the store room clear. same with the crisp boxes- not classy, but they are free and your local pub might be able to help out with that one.

hope those 3 ideas help and good luck with the move.

sophie

x

Thanks everybody, think I have it all sorted now,

Just got to move now

Jess XX

I've got some £1 each,min order 10,cheers Dave