Sign in to follow this  

Need advice on moving into the area

Hi!

I am intending on moving from the South-East up to the Sheffield area.

I am currently housed in a nice quiet 2-bed property, with good parking, garden, excellent schools and crime free (well it is on my road, anyway!).

It is a housing assocation property.

Please can I have some advice on good areas served by H.A.'s, with good primary schools, which have (ideally) an after-school club. Also it would be handy would be Day Care for my 3 year old within the area.

I need secure parking, and it would be handy to have a garden too.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Helen x

Hello,

What part of the south east are you in? We just moved up from there a couple of months ago to the Walkley / Hillsborough area which is great, there is loads of places for children around here and people seem pretty happy about parking nice cars on the street so I guess they are pretty secure. I have gotten my daughter into a lovely primary school - most of them look pretty good. I don't know too many other areas yet , but we feel very lucky to be living in the area we are.

Hi Elf

Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently in West Sussex, near to Crawley.

So did you buy or have you rented?

Many thanks.

Helen

We rented - we were going to buy but thought we should get to know the area a bit better first. Our rent is only £425 a month, compared to the £850 I was paying down south, and the house and area up here is much nicer.

I havn't heard much about housing assoc.'s up here, will keep a look out for you as its probably something we will have to look into at some point too.

House prices really seem to vary a lot from area to area though, so I guess your budget has a lot to do with determining where you go. Some of the cheaper areas that we were looking at to buy in we have heard pretty bad stuff about since we moved up here, which is a shame because some of the houses looked pretty good.

My advice to you would be to buy a house in the South-West of the city. It is by far the nicest part of the city and close to the countryside. It has excellent schools too. When are you planning on making the move?

I am hoping to move around Summer time. My eldest has her SATS in May so it wouldn't be fair to move her before then.

Is it possible to rent via council or H.A. in the South-West? It all seems very private in that area?

And also, are there any schools which offer an after-school facility?

Thanks!

Helenx

Originally posted by Hellonwheels

I am hoping to move around Summer time. My eldest has her SATS in May so it wouldn't be fair to move her before then.

Is it possible to rent via council or H.A. in the South-West? It all seems very private in that area?

And also, are there any schools which offer an after-school facility?

Thanks!

Helenx

:lol: Good luck!! I think Totley has a few council houses but other than that I'm not aware of any. It's not an exclusive area for nothing. Try Totley though, you never know, they might have some but I think the ones they had there are mainly privately owned now.