Sign in to follow this  

Advice on moving to Sheffield

Hi, there, I am moving to Sheffield in January due to my boyfriend having got a job in Worksop.

Where is good to live, but commutable for him without having to travel for more then 30-40 minutes in the rush hours.

I am just graduating so will be getting a job in the area too and will probably be in the city centre.

We have up to £85,000 to spend, and we are young, where would be suitable.

Try the Mosborough 'townships' or Eckington. They're on the main road from Sheffield through to Worksop (crossing over the M1) both of which are about 30 minutes either way with a prevailing wind. Can't comment on house prices though.. £85,000 should get you something half decent I would have thought. good luck

and you can use the tram from there too Vanessa, so you only need one car between the two of you

I'd recommend Barlborough or Kiveton Park or South Anston if there is anything within your price bracket there. Really nice places right on the outskirts of both Sheffield and Worksop.

Originally posted by VH5150

Try the Mosborough 'townships' or Eckington. They're on the main road from Sheffield through to Worksop (crossing over the M1) both of which are about 30 minutes either way with a prevailing wind. Can't comment on house prices though.. £85,000 should get you something half decent I would have thought. good luck

Not any more it won't. Sheffield property prices are shooting up, and anything on for £90,000 will not end up going for less than £100,000 anyway.

Anstons are good for Worksop - there are also villages like Whitwell, Barlborough and so on - but you need to decide whether it's your sort of place or not.

the best way to find a houses that are suitable ffor your specifications is to contact the main estate agents, blundells reeds reins & haybrooks cover most areas, ask them to put you on their mailing lists, they will ask you what sort of thing you are looking for and what areas you want, if your maximum price is bout £85,000 tell them that your max price is £75,000 then the houses they tell you bout will have a max asking price of £75,000 but if u really like a property you have still got enough to play with if it goes above the asking price which most propewrties do,

the first property i looked at ended up going for £20,000 more than the askin price and you would have to spend that much on it to get it in to a liveable condition

but good look anyway

little jo