Planning the Future of Council Housing

stay with Sheffield Homes or return to Council and save money  

14 members have voted

1. 1. stay with Sheffield Homes or return to Council and save money

• Stay with Sheffield Homes
    • Return to Council

will the council do away with kier and revert back to doing their own repairs?

A really good turnout! If only elections could attract the same numbers.

However, one tenant who voted for the council thought that meant Sheffield Homes. The options were either 'The Council' or 'An ALMO'. She didn't understand that to stay with Sheffield Homes she would have had to vote for 'An ALMO'. I wonder if others thought the same.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/initiatives/futureplan.html

:hihi: I bet they did.

They are practically the same anyhow. A few non jobs for the boys. Demolition of, and increase in the cost of, and lack of access housing for everyone else.

SH were supposed to improve housing to decent standards. The amount of demolished properties numbering in the 10s of 000s suggests to me they failed.

:hihi: I bet they did.

They are practically the same anyhow. A few non jobs for the boys. Demolition of, and increase in the cost of, and lack of access housing for everyone else.

SH were supposed to improve housing to decent standards. The amount of demolished properties numbering in the 10s of 000s suggests to me they failed.

Sorry to disagree, but the demolitions were the result of Council decisions. Mainly properties which would not have been economically viable to improve.

Sheffield Homes was set up to access government funds to bring council owned homes up to 'decent' standards. And in the main, they did it.

I haven't seen any projected savings from the move back to the council, but I would expect there should be some, and I hope they are used on housing, maybe even to build some more along with these: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/planning-and-city-development/regeneration/neighbourhood-regeneration/sheffield-housing-company.html

will the council do away with kier and revert back to doing their own repairs?

What many of you don't seem to realise is that the majority of Sheffield Homes staff where from the old Coucil housing department and they will revert back to being the housing department. Kier still employs old timers from the Works department.

So if your happy or disatisfied with either the council or the private companies, in essensce it has been and still will be the same workforce just wearing a different uniform/badge.

What many of you don't seem to realise is that the majority of Sheffield Homes staff where from the old Coucil housing department and they will revert back to being the housing department. Kier still employs old timers from the Works department.

So if your happy or disatisfied with either the council or the private companies, in essensce it has been and still will be the same workforce just wearing a different uniform/badge.

not them all, they maybe some thinning out and they maybe some pay cuts.

stop being so patronising of course we realise they are one and the same, i was just wondering if the yellow vans will be making a return