Online Estate Agents

TBH 1% fee is pretty good for a large Estate Agent in Sheffield. I've sold 4 houses in Sheffield and never paid less than 1.25%.

TBH 1% fee is pretty good for a large Estate Agent in Sheffield. I've sold 4 houses in Sheffield and never paid less than 1.25%.

But charging any fixed-% fee is wrong and inequitable. SF member NewBiz strongly argued that point, in the context of conveyancing fees, and I agree with him/her. The EA fee should reflect the work done and a value element [because indemnity insurance does] but nowadays ought not to be just x% of the sale price.

We're up for sale with emoov.co.uk. Everything went smoothly setting up the advert, someone came round quickly to do the EPC, floorplan and photos so happy so far.

Would recommend you take your own pics though as the ones they take are more for their own purpose to ensure any photos you send to them are accurate of the property and arent really taken to show off the property to the best of its ability.

It cost us approx £490 for the For Sale sign, EPC and listing on all the online portals (rightmove, zoopla, findaproperty etc).

Cant comment on how they deal with prospective buyers etc as we havent had any as yet! Hoping more people will come out when the weather gets nicer.

I'm currently on with Hatched. I have bought and sold several houses all with traditional agents (but not in this climate) and must say you do get a better level of customer services from (some!) traditional agents.

However, I chose to give online a try due to money being tight. Hatched haven't been bad but haven't been great tbh. I have completely re-written my brochure because their's was extremely basic and I have had to be very pro-active with regards to price reductions to keep it listed on the latest rightmove list.

I have been back on the market now for 6 weeks (after sale fell through at xmas) and the viewings have been coming in a steady flow.

Good luck with your sale x