Are new apartments noisy

What is the noise like in new apartments any advise there are some nice ones on Kirby view Gleadless and new ones on Handsworth, looking at ground floor but not sure if you would here all the noise above

It depends a lot on how they were built, what materials used, quality of the design and workmanship, and neighbours. New appartments should not be noisy and usually are not noisy but hell I would want to be checking before I bought (which offplan would be impossible, unless the developer can give you noise test results)

No flats built today and possibly over the last 10 years have a lot of soundproof tests by inspectors ./ But by the nature of the beast flats are always noisy guess a lot depends on neighbours . If you want quite keep away from flats :hihi::hihi:

What is the noise like in new apartments any advise there are some nice ones on Kirby view Gleadless and new ones on Handsworth, looking at ground floor but not sure if you would here all the noise above

Depends on the flat I suppose, The quality of the build and your neighbours will be big factors.

I have lived in a flat (top floor) and a terraced house, in the terraced house I could hear if the neighbour farted, in the flat it was silent, I once opened my window and could hear really loud music coming from the flat underneath me, I closed the window and could no longer hear the music.

The terraced house was built 1890 and the flat was converted from a barn in 2009 so maybe the new builds are better.

Depends on the flat I suppose, The quality of the build and your neighbours will be big factors.

I have lived in a flat (top floor) and a terraced house, in the terraced house I could hear if the neighbour farted, in the flat it was silent, I once opened my window and could hear really loud music coming from the flat underneath me, I closed the window and could no longer hear the music.

The terraced house was built 1890 and the flat was converted from a barn in 2009 so maybe the new builds are better.

:hihi:

PMSL - Sorry about that :suspect:

:hihi:

PMSL - Sorry about that :suspect:

Haha to be fair his wind wasn't that bad, the walls were ridiculously thin.

Lol walls must have been thin.I'm thinking more of the

New build ones ???

I think it all really boils down to neighbours.

Bad neighbours and it doesn't matter how thick the walls are.

I've lived in lots of places, and flats are always the worst, just based on the numbers (probabilities)

If I could find somewhere and afford it, I wouldn't have a neighbour within a mile :hihi:

I think it all really boils down to neighbours.

Bad neighbours and it doesn't matter how thick the walls are.

I've lived in lots of places, and flats are always the worst, just based on the numbers (probabilities)

If I could find somewhere and afford it, I wouldn't have a neighbour within a mile :hihi:

Yep me too.

I don't have any neighbors joined onto me now that's why its such a big step

just was looking to downsize :)

I don't have any neighbors joined onto me now that's why its such a big step

just was looking to downsize :)

That is my biggest concern when I look to down size, we live in a detached which means we have no noise from others but also we can have our telly or music on as loud as we want and not worry about annoying anyone.

Perhaps a good plan would be to try and arrange some viewings in a flat you like at a time when the neighbours are likely to be in (after 6pm or weekends) and see what the noise levels are like. Could you perhaps rent for 6 months first or something like that?

yeah we have a detached no road noise or people walking past house, id be gutted though if I sold and didn't like apartments. Have to rent mine out first and ret apartment for 6 month tough decision lol