Writing and Spoken Word Events in Sheffield

Hi everyone,

I am running two writing/spoken word events in Sheffield this month. It would be great if you could come along to one or both!

Scribble Storytelling Night - Thursday, 19th June at The Red Deer, Pitt Street. From 7-9pm, there will be an open mic storytelling event in the upstairs room at the Red Deer. It is a free event and there is no obligation to share your stories, although the mic is there for anyone who wants to read a story, recite a poem, sing a song, etc.

Sheffield Writer's Retreat - Saturday, 28th June at Wesley Hall, Crookes. From 10am-5pm, the Emmaus Room at Wesley Hall becomes a distraction-free zone, where writers can get together to create, refine and perfect their writing. Tea, coffee and biscuits are in constant supply and there are plenty of plug sockets for laptops. Why not treat yourself to a day of writing? The cost of the day is £15.

More details on these two events can be found on my webpage - http://sheffieldwriter.weebly.com/ or via my twitter (@sheffieldwrite) or facebook (/sheffieldwrite) pages.

Thanks,

Chris

This would be in the month I've had to pick up loads of cover shifts at work...

Can't make it to the retreat, but I'll do my best to get to the Scribble night at the Red Deer. Only been once but I was surprised just how good it was and how many people got involved. I didn't read last time, just listened and enjoyed, but I'll see if I can hammer something together for this one.

Excellent - glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you at a future Scribble :)

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 09:59 ----------

Hi everyone,

Very sorry, but due to my wife's pregnancy, I am having to cancel Scribble until September. Therefore, the June event (today) will not be on.

Sorry :(

Chris

Hi folks. On 24th October I am working with FURD (Football United Racism Divides), on an Off the Shelf event at the U-Mix on Football Stories: http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/content/images/fromassets/100_3203_190814091422.pdf . We are hoping that people will bring along, and read out (or get someone to read) a piece of football inspired writing (or just a story to tell). It could be memories of first matches, what makes football important in life, why you hate it, best/worst memories etc. Prose, poetry whatever. Anyone inspired? Or you could just come and listen.