Sick of Speeding Motorists

Returning briefly to the OP's post, a moveable speed warning, smiley/scowling face, is currently installed on Baslow Road coming down the hill from the Cross Scythes towards the dual-carriageway section. I saw it light up with a speed of 38 yesterday.

The only place the camera sets up round there is Twentywell Lane. Judging by the rubber strips they'll be back again soon.

I think they'd be more usefully employed on the stretch between Dore station and Totley Rise.

ask the council for one of those matrix signs that flashes your speed up and tells you to slow down. they have lots in norfolk and for me very effective at getting your speed down, the only thing about these matrix signs is that it does not report you so the councils lose alot of finance from them but they do work

Rules like laws are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men. Some people are far better drivers than others and should regard the speed limits merely as a guideline. It does not matter if they speed just so long as they drive safely.:)

Never heard so much garbage in my life ..... wonder if that would stand up in a court of law .... hahahahaha :hihi::loopy:

ask the council for one of those matrix signs that flashes your speed up and tells you to slow down. they have lots in norfolk and for me very effective at getting your speed down, the only thing about these matrix signs is that it does not report you so the councils lose alot of finance from them but they do work

In my previous post I explained there is one of those already on the stretch of road being discussed by the OP!!

• Maths are

Fixed it for you

"Mathematics" can be either singular (the group of sciences which includes algebra, geometry and calculus) or plural (functions involved in the solution of scientific problems). So "maths is" and "maths are" are both correct, however in the context used I would think the former is more appropriate :hihi:

Edited by Chumley
Typing not my strong point!

As it happens I saw the camera van heading up that way around lunchtime (going out of town past Tesco Express). Don't know if he actually parked up.