Sheffield Forum

Rubbish removal ads in jobs section

Home > General > Forum News & Feedback

Reply To Topic

10-06-2016, 22:31   #1
yellowperil

Total Posts: 2,311
Would it be possible to either put a sticky or header on the jobs section for when people advertise rubbish removal jobs to remind them that the person they employ will need to be a registered waste carrier to avoid the fly tipping problem?
Or to insist that anyone who responds to such ads displays their waste carrier licence number or they will have their response removed?

Any tom,dick or harry seems to be applying for these jobs and the potential for the items to not actually reach the tip is massive.
Also a reminder that is proper paperwork (waste note) isnt given to the person having the rubbish removed and it does happen to be fly tipped then its the person whose waste it was that is liable and not the person who took it.
Thanks.
_______
Judgement day is drawing ever nearer. Good luck everyone.
13-06-2016, 16:07   #2
PeteMorris
Reason-ablyNear

Total Posts: 15,167
The problem being. Although mods can alter things and have certain powers within the forum. We can't police everything. I'm afraid, a lot of the time it's buyer beware.

Would we need to see documented evidence a car is in roadworthy condition. Would we need to see qualification that a hairdresser had appropriate qualifications before advertising their services? The list could be endless.

Not to mention the problem of what 'I' call sticky fatigue. If something is there long enough, it simply gets ignored. It's just a fact of life.

In principle your point is valid. But as you say the onus is upon the householder to ensure rubbish is 'correctly' disposed of.
_______
It's almost like juggling fried eggs!
13-06-2016, 19:22   #3
yellowperil

Total Posts: 2,311
Hello Pete.
Whilst i appreciate fully what you are saying i think it would be an easy one to sort.
Your point anout a car being in roadworthy condition is usually covered by the mot or lack of one and everyone knows that rule.
If a car isnt as described then the buyer has a legal route they can persue as they are well aware that the car isnt as described as they are in possesion of it,id say everyone is also aware that a car needs an mot to be legally allowed on the road.
Once the waste has left the person then they have no idea where it will end up and i think a lot of people are ignorant of the law regarding waste and the carrying of it.
All im asking is for a little help in takling this problem and people profiting from fly tipping.
Im sure if the rule existed on the forum that a waste carriers licence had to be displayed if you wanted to reply to an ad for that service then anyone not doing so would be duly reported to the mods to warn then remove the post.
There arent that many ads for waste removal so the effort required would be quite minimal but the impact of it could be massive.
Thank you.
_______
Judgement day is drawing ever nearer. Good luck everyone.
Reply To Topic