Sheffield Forum

Handy Husbands. Business opportunity.

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Business & Employment

Reply To Topic

11-12-2016, 11:27   #21
jazer

Total Posts: 255
Well I like it if anyone starts up and needs someone that can do just about anything I'm your man. I think it's a right good idea
28-12-2016, 19:34   #22
steve-300683

Total Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomjames View Post
The names a bit tacky and sexist. It's like starting a company called "good cooks, we cook great tasting food unlike your wife"

Hahahaha that would be hilarious lol I could just imagine the look on my mrs face 😂😂😂
01-01-2017, 11:31   #23
ktuludays

Total Posts: 48
I'm a handyman based in dronfield and make enough to support my family. I changed a light bulb for a new customer yesterday (elderly lady) whose husband had died on xmas morning, I didn't charge her. I was passing and it took 10 minutes as was behind glass bowl. To me that is satisfying helping someone out who's having a tough time. 50 by the sparkie is a **** take. I believe in being fair with people and when that customer needs a.job doing they'll hopefully think of me. Being self employed is about doing a good job for a fair price but also you have to be respectful and sell yourself too.
25-01-2017, 16:47   #24
Anna B

Total Posts: 9,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktuludays View Post
I'm a handyman based in dronfield and make enough to support my family. I changed a light bulb for a new customer yesterday (elderly lady) whose husband had died on xmas morning, I didn't charge her. I was passing and it took 10 minutes as was behind glass bowl. To me that is satisfying helping someone out who's having a tough time. 50 by the sparkie is a **** take. I believe in being fair with people and when that customer needs a.job doing they'll hopefully think of me. Being self employed is about doing a good job for a fair price but also you have to be respectful and sell yourself too.
Good for you.
At last, an old fashioned, fair minded tradesman doing an honest job and not in it just for the take.
I salute you Sir.
25-01-2017, 17:07   #25
ktuludays

Total Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna B View Post
Good for you.
At last, an old fashioned, fair minded tradesman doing an honest job and not in it just for the take.
I salute you Sir.
Thanks Anna B
03-02-2017, 14:47   #26
ARB1

Total Posts: 119
Send a message via MSN to ARB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna B View Post
Crikey, it was only an idea... Forget it.
Ha Ha... i think your idea was good Anna... BUT! should i ever need to come over to your house (or anybody) and change said light bulb i would waiver any fee thus showing good will AND get to know new, future potential customer for other odd jobs...there
Reply To Topic