Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Inserting photos

Home > General > Forum News & Feedback

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-06-2016, 17:43   #1
BIGJON
Registered User
BIGJON's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Luvly Lincolnshire- ex Heeley
Total Posts: 28
Hi, can anyone tell me how to insert a photo on a thread. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
16-06-2016, 17:45   #2
mort
BIKKIT !!!
mort's Avatar
 
Admin Team
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Directly above the centre of the earth
Total Posts: 37,366
You can't insert pictures into threads as we don't support that. You can add the url of the image on a photohosting site such as photobucket or flickr to the text. The exception to this is the classifieds where images can be added to adverts as thumbnails.
_______
Bringing chaos out of order
Time is a great healer. Unless it's a rash, then you're better off with ointment.
'Reality', sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'
  Reply With Quote
20-06-2016, 17:30   #3
Alcoblog
Registered User
Alcoblog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Crookes (area 51 and a half)
Total Posts: 9,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJON View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me how to insert a photo on a thread. Thanks.
I do it like this.
Just cut and paste the pic (black lettering on my photo, then type the red stuff round it. Where I've typed 'penguin' is where you can type any word you want to describe the pic.
I use Imgur for my own photos (like above penguin) ... just bung 'em in there by browsing your album (using the Imgur tools).
I had to photograph how to do this, as to type it, you just end up with gobbledygook.
  Reply With Quote
22-06-2016, 13:30   #4
alchresearch
Registered User
alchresearch's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: East Lancs.
Total Posts: 28,833
Send a message via Yahoo to alchresearch
I prefer to leave a large gap in my text,



























like this. Then describe the picture above and offer members the option to receive a paper copy to stick in the space on their screen by sending me an SAE.

In this example its a nice picture of a cat with a ball of yarn.
_______
Peugeot & Citroen Diagnostics Specialist. PM for details.
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2016, 12:14   #5
biz0ness
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Warsaw
Total Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mort View Post
You can't insert pictures into threads as we don't support that. You can add the url of the image on a photohosting site such as photobucket or flickr to the text. The exception to this is the classifieds where images can be added to adverts as thumbnails.
Exactly as it is written above!
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2016, 14:41   #6
Jomie
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Total Posts: 666
@Mort - why do you ask for a link rather than embed the image in the post as in the photography section? Presumably neither option has any impact on server space as the files/images are both hosted elsewhere.

BTW your FAQ needs updating because it contains instructions on how to attach a file or image to a post. Admin has removed this so the option is no longer there.
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2016, 15:20   #7
L00b
Registered User
L00b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sur la Toile
Total Posts: 15,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomie View Post
@Mort - why do you ask for a link rather than embed the image in the post as in the photography section? Presumably neither option has any impact on server space as the files/images are both hosted elsewhere.

BTW your FAQ needs updating because it contains instructions on how to attach a file or image to a post. Admin has removed this so the option is no longer there.
It's a moderation issue, not a server storage issue.

SF is, and tries hard to remain, family friendly.

Allowing any Tom, Dick or Harry, especially 'uncough ones', to embed images with swearing, nudity, <etc.> in any post wherever on the forum would require 24/7/365 high-load moderating to maintain SF's current standards of respectability.

It's perfectly understandable, given the size, scale and very homogeneous audience of SF.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:43.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2017