Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Is it possible to be notified if someone quotes your post ?

Home > General > Forum News & Feedback

Reply To Topic

17-08-2016, 16:33   #1
Justin Smith

Total Posts: 3,628
Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ? I think this would be particularly useful as there seem to be more and more Megathreads. One can`t be bothered to read every post but may be interested if one`s post is quoted because, one assumes they`re directly answering your point.

On a similar theme, one can easily check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve started but how can you check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve contributed to (but not started) ?
_______
I`ll have a some respect for the EU referendum result if and when the NHS gets its extra 350 million a week...... Oh, and we get our free trade deal "because we`re more important than Switzerland". Basically they lied, they won and they`ve got away with it.
Aerials and Digital TV
17-08-2016, 17:10   #2
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny

Total Posts: 75,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Smith View Post
Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ? I think this would be particularly useful as there seem to be more and more Megathreads. One can`t be bothered to read every post but may be interested if one`s post is quoted because, one assumes they`re directly answering your point.

On a similar theme, one can easily check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve started but how can you check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve contributed to (but not started) ?
I would have thought the "View My Posts" section on the left would help.
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
17-08-2016, 17:20   #3
Solomon1

Total Posts: 13,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Smith View Post
Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ?
Great idea
31-03-2017, 09:12   #4
Justin Smith

Total Posts: 3,628
I have seen this system (being notified if someone quotes your post) on another forum. It`s particularly useful for mega threads, like the Brexit one, I haven`t got the time to read all those posts, but am particularly interested to read a response to one of my own posts. The latter usually involves a quote. Have the producers of the Sheffield Forum software been asked if notification of a quote is either available or in the pipeline ? At the very least they should be advised there`s a demand for it.
_______
I`ll have a some respect for the EU referendum result if and when the NHS gets its extra 350 million a week...... Oh, and we get our free trade deal "because we`re more important than Switzerland". Basically they lied, they won and they`ve got away with it.
Aerials and Digital TV
21-05-2017, 04:31   #5
Waldo

Total Posts: 5,031
It's a good idea Justin. I also had the same idea and mentioned it in the ideas (within the scope of what we're allowed to talk about) for forum improvement thread.
Reply To Topic