Sheffield Forum

Is it possible to be notified if someone quotes your post ?

Home > General > Forum News & Feedback

Reply To Topic

17-08-2016, 16:33   #1
Justin Smith

Total Posts: 3,336
Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ? I think this would be particularly useful as there seem to be more and more Megathreads. One can`t be bothered to read every post but may be interested if one`s post is quoted because, one assumes they`re directly answering your point.

On a similar theme, one can easily check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve started but how can you check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve contributed to (but not started) ?
_______
Let`s leave the EU, we then have to go creeping around Mr Populistic Nationalist (America First - always) Trump ! Love it ! ! (Not)

Aerials and Digital TV
17-08-2016, 17:10   #2
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny

Total Posts: 75,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Smith View Post
Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ? I think this would be particularly useful as there seem to be more and more Megathreads. One can`t be bothered to read every post but may be interested if one`s post is quoted because, one assumes they`re directly answering your point.

On a similar theme, one can easily check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve started but how can you check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve contributed to (but not started) ?
I would have thought the "View My Posts" section on the left would help.
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
17-08-2016, 17:20   #3
Solomon1

Total Posts: 13,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Smith View Post
Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ?
Great idea
Reply To Topic