Sheffield Forum

Tradespeople Warnings & Reccomendations

Home > General > Forum News & Feedback

Topic Closed

05-05-2016, 19:27   #1
s.lee2007

Total Posts: 77
What about a mega thread where people can leave some info regarding tradespeople? I am sick of people committing to come and quote and not turning up, or even come round to measure but then drop off the radar completely with no pricing given.

It's wasting everyone's time and meaning genuine people who want the job are probably missing out to time wasters

29-07-2016, 08:30   #2
jazer

Total Posts: 248
Why take my message off if I agree with this person somethings this site is terrible

30-07-2016, 13:43   #3
dan2802

Total Posts: 3,753
Send a message via Skype™ to dan2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.lee2007 View Post
What about a mega thread where people can leave some info regarding tradespeople? I am sick of people committing to come and quote and not turning up, or even come round to measure but then drop off the radar completely with no pricing given.

It's wasting everyone's time and meaning genuine people who want the job are probably missing out to time wasters
Could there also be one for us tradesmen to name & shame customers who are out when we call to quote or who just dont have the first idea about the job they are asking us to quote.

30-07-2016, 14:54   #4
medusa
mostly here

Admin Team
Total Posts: 35,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazer View Post
Why take my message off if I agree with this person somethings this site is terrible
You are entitled to your opinion, but name calling breaks forum rules.
_______
'OK, I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a samurai.'

30-07-2016, 15:00   #5
medusa
mostly here

Admin Team
Total Posts: 35,823
I'm going to answer this one and then close it, because the forum's position is not up for discussion.

If we had bottomless pockets to use to pay the legal fees that would result from allowing naming and shaming then we may take the choice to allow the negative feedback.

We don't have bottomless pockets.

The simple answer is that the forum does not have the resources to survive even getting to court to defend the negative feedback that may be posted on the site, so we took the choice that in order to protect the forum we simply cannot allow the sort of feedback which could kill the forum.

If you want to leave negative feedback then please do so on a site where you alone bear the legal responsibility for whatever you post.
_______
'OK, I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a samurai.'

Topic Closed