Childrens book writer

Hi I am writing a children's book and need any advice on what's good and what's not through the book also I need a good publisher any advice is welcome

Is this your first attempt at writing a book for children.

We need a bit of clarity in terms of what you're up to. Is it for young children who can't read yet? Children who are just learning to read? Young adults?

Is it to be mainly a picture book (which looks like it's more expensive from a publishing point of view)?

We've got hundreds of books for a young child who can't read, and the best ones are generally:

written in verse with very definite meter and rhyme

illustrated to show the story as well as tell it

illustrations are carefully chosen to match the text and give more detail

short (maximum 10 minutes to read, generally more like 5)

with limited numbers of characters

and a very simply story

repetitive (many of them have a sort of refrain or repeated chunk).

This isn't the only way to go about it, but most of what we buy conforms to this set of types.

I was going to suggest you go to a book store or even the book section in Asda they have a good selection of children’s books, look for the ones that fit your genre they will give you a general idea of what’s in or out. Most books have the name of the publishers but it's not that easy to get a children’s book published .Good luck with it anyway .:)