Wortley Village

Can u post a bit of tech info ? What camera /lens /exposure ?

Also what HDR s/w did you use to process ?

thanks

1st Image.

Shot with Canon 5D, 17-40 4L Lens at 17mm, f/7.1, 100 ISO (I try never to shoot higher when doing HDR)

Shot 5 exposures -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 EV put together with Photomatix (great program) and then some post-processing in photoshop.

Pretty much same for the others as well.

Hope this helps.

P.

Do you find the results are much different with -2, 0 and +2?

I'd have hoped a RAW from a 5D would be able to go a stop each way easily (so you can get the +1 data from the 0 or +2 file, if you see what I mean?)

Yes, I agree. I always used to shoot as you say, three raw files, but for some reason I feel I get better results from shooting five, plus when shooting manually I know it's three clicks on the dial to the next EV.

I could process as five and just shoot three but as I'm there I might as well shoot the other two. Some people swear by shooting seven, or even nine, but that really does sound excessive to me.

I will say it also depends on the conditions, if the scene in question doesn't offer a great tonal/textural range then why shoot beyond that when three would cover it. All subjective I guess but I might try processing this image with three files to see if there is a difference and to convince myself! :)

P.

excellent. Out of interest, which Photomatix? essentilas or the full one ?

Yes, I agree. I always used to shoot as you say, three raw files, but for some reason I feel I get better results from shooting five, plus when shooting manually I know it's three clicks on the dial to the next EV.

I could process as five and just shoot three but as I'm there I might as well shoot the other two. Some people swear by shooting seven, or even nine, but that really does sound excessive to me.

I will say it also depends on the conditions, if the scene in question doesn't offer a great tonal/textural range then why shoot beyond that when three would cover it. All subjective I guess but I might try processing this image with three files to see if there is a difference and to convince myself! :)

P.

Fair enough - I only ever do three because I rarely have a tripod, so the software has a hard enough task lining everything up as it is! Just wondered if the extra shots added much - as you say, it depends :)

GA - Photomatix Pro v4.1 I think (I'm at work so guessing the version number)

Six, I always shoot any HDR on a tripod with a shutter release, though I never approach the scene with it on the tripod as it limits your movement before you've found where you're going to shoot it from. (ie: makes me lazy)

Six, I always shoot any HDR on a tripod with a shutter release, though I never approach the scene with it on the tripod as it limits your movement before you've found where you're going to shoot it from. (ie: makes me lazy)

I always go out without a tripod - I've been made lazy :)

good images. but my brother does the same, messing arround with the sky

Edited by spooferman