ASDA Car Park Flyers

Hi,

Does ASDA have any Legal Rights to Stop a person from putting Flyers on Customers Car Windscreens to advertise a Business ?

I think they do if it's their land

I think they do if it's their land

Absolutely. I would be miffed if someone came on to my drive and stuck a leaflet on my window screen!

They could probably go so far as to send you an invoice for clearing up your mess.

We sometimes get a leaflet on windscreen in meadowhall so obviously people are doing it, depending on your mood you either look at it or just put windscreen wipers on to get rid of it :)

Maybe if you had asked them first they would have said yes

I don't think you can do this legally without a licence.

Yes there would be a problem with the likes of Asda because its classed has private property. To distribute in Sheffield City Centre you would have to purchase a licence costing from £75. With regards A Meadowhall a friend tried to distrubute a 1000 leaflets in the blue car parking zone and were charged £500 for littering private property.

Hi,

Does ASDA have any Legal Rights to Stop a person from putting Flyers on Customers Car Windscreens to advertise a Business ?

Whilst I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and I personally don't see a problem... so long as your not harming cars etc. There is red tape you'd need to sort out first and also the possibility of being a PR disaster. (with annoying car owners)

Why don't you think a little bit more out of the box. What about standing just outside the entrance so your not on their land. Get someone or yourself to dress up in a "fancy dress costume" such as bear, monkey or something, with a big sign promoting what you do.

something creative, fun, eye catching and so people remember it with a smile.

Promoting can be so fun!