04-02-2010 00:39 Rotherham East Depot Out for delivery

04-02-2010 00:38 Rotherham East Depot Arrived at delivery depot

03-02-2010 13:31 National Hub Sorted in hub

29-01-2010 17:14 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

29-01-2010 17:14 International Hub Arrived in destination country

29-01-2010 00:53 Heathrow Airport Arrived at destination country

26-01-2010 22:34 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Left origin country

26-01-2010 17:59 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

I've tracked it again today and is saying out for delivery ... does this mean i have got away without paying the charges??!! hope so! i also hope it arrives today seeing as it is now in rotherham ...... fingers crossed!!

You might still have to pay. If there is a charge you will probably get a card through the letter box asking you to pick your item up from the sorting office and take the cash with you.

If it's by a company such as FedEx they will deliver the parcel to you then send you a bill.

You might still have to pay. If there is a charge you will probably get a card through the letter box asking you to pick your item up from the sorting office and take the cash with you.

If it's by a company such as FedEx they will deliver the parcel to you then send you a bill.

Don't FedEx charge for doing the "administration".. as well ?

Don't FedEx charge for doing the "administration".. as well ?

To be honest, I don't know. I just paid the bill as I was aware before hand that I had charges to pay.

I ordered some jewellery from China and have tracked the parcel to find that it is showing as 'awaiting customs charging' ... does this mean im going to get charged??!:confused:

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

29-01-2010 17:14 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

29-01-2010 17:14 International Hub Arrived in destination country

29-01-2010 00:53 Heathrow Airport Arrived at destination country

26-01-2010 22:34 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Left origin country

26-01-2010 17:59 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

According to this the parcel has been in UK since 29th, so its taking some time for them to send it on ... has anyone else had this with an overseas parcel? If so did you get charged???

There are three charges.

1 VAT @ 17.5% of invoice price (this includes postage charges)

2 Import duty. I don't know what rate it is charged on jewelery, but it is 6% on electrical goods.

3 Parcel Forces handling charge for paying your duties on your behalf.

I bought a guitar from the USA last year. Paid around £900. Then I had to pay £130 freight plus another £300 ish to UK customs etc.

Edited by foxy lady

i've just tracked it again and it says now its at my local PO ... but without a card i can't collect it gggrrrrrr stupid parcel force ! the cheeky chuff didn't even try and deliver this !!!!!!!!

I bought a guitar from the USA last year. Paid around £900. Then I had to pay £130 freight plus another £300 ish to UK customs etc.

bad times ... i hope it was worth it tho :)

Firstly sorry for bumping an old post, but it seemed better than starting a new thread about a similar subject.

I recently proposed to my girlfriend in Las Vegas, but she managed to leave the ring in the hotel on our last night.

Thankfully the ring was found by the hotel staff and mailed back. It is currently 'awaiting customs charging'

The question is as this was purchased in the UK before the holiday, and i have already paid vat, will i get charged again? obviously there is no receipt with stating a value so how would they know what to charge. Also how long does this process usually take and is there any way to speed it up?

The question is as this was purchased in the UK before the holiday, and i have already paid vat, will i get charged again?

You should not get charged, but if Customs take it into their heads to disbelieve you and assume you bought it in the USA, I don't know how you would stand.

I have no idea how long it will take.