Cook sacked as ODI captain

Well he said he wouldn't quit and he didn't. Selectors grew a pair and sacked him and not before time. Replacement captain Morgan has a rum task trying to get england past the quarters and he'll fail, but maybe we can start playing a more dynamic brand of odi cricket - we're light years behind everyone else.

Cook has never been a convincing ODI captain (to say the least) so I think this makes a lot of sense. I do wonder if it is a precursor to a new test captain as well though...

I don't know if there are any real test candidates if I'm honest. I'd like someone else to be test captain - we need greater strength at the top of the order and cook was the cornerstone of that. He knew where his off stump, left the ball well and didn't have that many attacking shots - but he got big big hundreds.

So he should be, give the job to a YORKSHIREMAN.

He's not much good as a ODI captain, but sacking him now? They should have made it clear to him six months since he wasn't going to be in the team.

See they've flopped again,why don't they give Ballance a crack as the current batsmen can't handle the Aussies.

Guest sibon
See they've flopped again,why don't they give Ballance a crack as the current batsmen can't handle the Aussies.

We have the world number 3 T20 batsman in the squad and he can't get a game. We've also sacked one of the most feared batsmen in the world, because he's a little bit awkward.

Then we wonder why we can't score runs.

We had the most feared batsman in the last ashes - didn't work too well. Since then he's gone and slagged off most of his team mates in a book. If it wasn't for the book, and subsequent tweets and interviews Id have try to bring him back (we'd need a new coach as well as KP got him fired last time out).

The Aussies are on the up and we let them out of jail (don't bowl enough Yorkers for me) thought we might get 200 but the pitch had too much in it for us.

I'm not sure who the no 3 t20 player is - hales? It's not like he's set the world on fire in ODIs. Don't know what happened to stokes though - awful for England but did pretty well in the big bash.

But we're crap at ODIs - always have been always will be.

Guest sibon
We had the most feared batsman in the last ashes - didn't work too well. Since then he's gone and slagged off most of his team mates in a book. If it wasn't for the book, and subsequent tweets and interviews Id have try to bring him back (we'd need a new coach as well as KP got him fired last time out).

The Aussies are on the up and we let them out of jail (don't bowl enough Yorkers for me) thought we might get 200 but the pitch had too much in it for us.

I'm not sure who the no 3 t20 player is - hales? It's not like he's set the world on fire in ODIs. Don't know what happened to stokes though - awful for England but did pretty well in the big bash.

But we're crap at ODIs - always have been always will be.

Hales is no 3 in World T20. I'd have him in the side and leave Woakes out. After all, I'm fairly sure that Bopara and Root could bowl ten overs between them, for less than 80. Hales would score more than Woakes too.

I'd still have KP back. You can't imagine the Aussies binning Warner just because he's an idiot, can you?

Hales is no 3 in World T20. I'd have him in the side and leave Woakes out. After all, I'm fairly sure that Bopara and Root could bowl ten overs between them, for less than 80. Hales would score more than Woakes too.

I'd still have KP back. You can't imagine the Aussies binning Warner just because he's an idiot, can you?

Warner is an idiot, I don't like him but rate him. I was like that with Hayden too (at least until he got into the commentary box where he was a delight) but he seems like a team man. KP isn't - and hadn't played any meaningful cricket until the big bash really.

I Quite like the idea of hales for woakes but it could fall down if a seamers hamstring goes ping in the 4th over. I think hales will fail at least half the time - if not more though. It's proper slap and giggle stuff. But most of the top order have scored runs here or in SL they just haven't put it together against the Aussies.

We did well against India and at times kept up with Aussies - who will win the World Cup at a canter who ever they come up against. We might get to the quarter finals.

Not looking good unless Taylor can get 150.Roots not a one day batsmen.

England playing nz today - expect England to lose by at least 50 runs. We have no idea what we're doing nz could win the whole thing.