Norfolk Arms Ringinglow Walk - Thursday 5th Feb

The Norfolk Arms at Ringinglow are arranging regular walks from the pub which will start with tea/coffee in their Walkers bar, then be followed by a 2 to 2.5 hour walk in the area after which a meal will be waiting for the walkers back at the pub.

The first walk is the Limb Valley, and details can be found at http://www.norfolkarms.com/ringinglow-walks.php

Edited by seirreh
amend error

Are these walks suitable for beginners/less fit walkers? 2.5 miles sounds nice and gentle.

Sorry, there's a mistake in the OP, it should say 2 to 2.5 hours! Cheers for drawing my attention to it.

In answer to your question, the walks won't be too strenuous, but aren't really suitable for complete beginners.

If that's what you are, you might be better trying one of the health walks that are available most days of the week all over the city. They are aimed at mainly sedentary people and are normally about an hour long on fairly flat routes.

Seems to be a good idea; I hope it's successful. It's a pity there aren't any buses to Ringinglow though.

Seems to be a good idea; I hope it's successful. It's a pity there aren't any buses to Ringinglow though.

There is a bus up there now, but it's not much use as there's are only one a day!

The Norfolk Arms have a minibus which they will use to collect people from Bents Green if anybody gets in touch with them.