Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Any help or advice please on the following ongoing issue.

Got a new Valient boiler 2yrs ago installed by a company I will not give.

The deal is 7yrs warranty and servicing.

Theres an issue with what they call the receiver - its the wall mounted switch.

I had to call them in 3 weeks ago as the 'reciever' wasn't working. hence the boiler wouldn't kick in.

The engineer arrived on the 29th Sept, and basically didn't have a clue how to fix it. He then said he would report back to the office and I would be contacted again so a further appointment could be made.

After numerous calls to the office since (approx. 20 calls over 14 days) I'm still no further in resolving the issue by getting a fitter to resolve the problem.

I'm under the impression that they don't have either the manpower or the skills to resolve this problem.

Can anyone please give me some advice how I can put pressure on them to deal with the problem ?

EG: asking for a refund, threat of legal action ?

Throughout my numerous phone calls I have tried to be courteous and trusting with them. Ive been promised calls back that have never happened, excuse after excuse.

Its now 2weeks since the last fitter came, and still I have no hot water / heating.

Any advice will be more than welcome. Posted on here or through a PM.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Open Borders

Could be a number of things (air, sludge, pump, diverter), happy to have a look and offer advice, cheers, Steve

Thank you very much for mentioning "air" . It's what the problem is. Sorted out.

Keep your contract in mind for future use.

Thanks again.

Thank you very much for mentioning "air" . It's what the problem is. Sorted out.

Keep your contract in mind for future use.

Thanks again.

Can highly recommend corgigasman Steve. Replaced our leaking cold water tank last year and plumbed into a different location. Also this week he's just serviced, and fixed an annoying problem with, our old boiler all for reasonable rates :thumbsup:

Can highly recommend corgigasman Steve. Replaced our leaking cold water tank last year and plumbed into a different location. Also this week he's just serviced, and fixed an annoying problem with, our old boiler all for reasonable rates :thumbsup:

Thank you, your feedback is greatly appreciated, cheers, Steve

If anyone is getting Child Tax Credits, Pension Credit, or disability benefits, they can probably get a brand new boiler supplied and installed for free. The funding for these FREE BOILER schemes is often withdrawn at short notice, so I only know one installer doing this at the moment, but if you are on one of those qualifying benefits then this could save you a small fortune.

We have recently bought a house in the S35 area and are wanting the current condenser boiler and tank replaced with a combi boiler.

We are wanting the boiler in the loft with a external flu going through the roof tiles. We are also wanting 6/7 new radiators installing.

Does anyone know roughly how much this will cost?

We have recently bought a house in the S35 area and are wanting the current condenser boiler and tank replaced with a combi boiler.

We are wanting the boiler in the loft with a external flu going through the roof tiles. We are also wanting 6/7 new radiators installing.

Ball-park £2500, happy to view your property, discuss possible options and provide a written quote, cheers, Steve

Happy to view your property and give an accurate quote but I can say I would have thought you'd be looking at easy £3000 cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

hi , we live in rotherham S60 , we currently have a back boiler , the radiators are only a few years old , but we would like to upgrade to a combi boiler , preferably in the loft , would anyone have a rough idea of the cost , cheers gary

hi , we live in rotherham S60 , we currently have a back boiler , the radiators are only a few years old , but we would like to upgrade to a combi boiler , preferably in the loft , would anyone have a rough idea of the cost , cheers gary

Hi Gary happy to help if you could call or text to discuss further and more detail be much appreciated

Regards Jonathan

Rough guess £2000-2500 but need a thorough survey to offer a firm price. Happy to view your property, discuss the install and provide a written quote, cheers, Steve

Thank you corgigasman Steve,For your patience dealing with my boiler,All sorted now ,see you next year for service..:)