Where are you all now? Moorfoot gang.

I grew up, in the 1950s and early 1960s, near the bottom of Ecclesall Road. Michael Road, Hurst Road, Humble Road. My playmates for the first 16 years of my life were Elaine Dewsnap, Gloria Bailey, Linda Batty, Paul Mangle, Brian Hill and Robert Hobson. I never really doubted, during those years, that our lives would always be entwined to some degree or other. I would have been wrong as I have no idea where any of these old chums are. I would love to know how life has treated them and catch up. We used to be so close and we shared lots of laughs - especially bonfire nights, these I remember with much affection.

It's so sad, isn't it? When you look back over your life and remember all the people you've known and the happy times you had with them? At the time, you think it's going to last forever but it almost never does, and you lose touch with them.

I'm thinking of that song now "Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end" ....

Over the last few years, I've caught up with some old school friends via Friends Reunited and we've been getting together a couple of times a year, and there's a couple more come along each time. It's been fun looking back at our youthful selves!

I hope you find some of them soon.

I grew up, in the 1950s and early 1960s, near the bottom of Ecclesall Road. Michael Road, Hurst Road, Humble Road. My playmates for the first 16 years of my life were Elaine Dewsnap, Gloria Bailey, Linda Batty, Paul Mangle, Brian Hill and Robert Hobson. I never really doubted, during those years, that our lives would always be entwined to some degree or other. I would have been wrong as I have no idea where any of these old chums are. I would love to know how life has treated them and catch up. We used to be so close and we shared lots of laughs - especially bonfire nights, these I remember with much affection.

Hi PAT i know this is a old post i will try to put a little light on some of the names you mention Elaine Dewsnap i believe went to live in Canada i also knocked about with Ronnie plus ALL the names you mentioned Gloria no idea? Linda married a postman named Maurice and moved to Immingham i went to her Moms funeral Paul was a big mate of mine but sadly lost touch in the 70s Brian no idea? Rob Hobson used to run a garage on East Bank rd but again sadly lost contact i sometimes see Derrick Baker ,Rodger Godley,Kevin Hepinstall Don Wainwright, used to see the Orwin twins but again lost contact sometimes see Bill Brown , Steve Marsh and just recently got in contact with Pete Carnell John his brother sadly passed away also Danny Marsh,Mick Lee RIP do you remember the huge bonfires we built on Moor st with dens built underneath also go raiding the Pearl st mob Bobby Knutts mates HAPPY DAYS:gag: .

It's so sad, isn't it? When you look back over your life and remember all the people you've known and the happy times you had with them? At the time, you think it's going to last forever but it almost never does, and you lose touch with them.

tbh ive known and hung around with that many people in that many areas i cant even remember all my old "friends" from over the years

hi jack

still can,t put a face to you

say hi to billy brown,steve marsh, ask how rodgers back is, after sledging into the basement , old redgates.

frank

bishop st

I went to school with with Paul Mangle and Robert Hobson (Greystones)

I lived on Clarence St until I was 7. We left under the slum clearance programme in 1962.

I can remember the Dewsnaps, David Prout, Peter Kelly, Sharon Greenfield, Mr and Mrs Fern and the dog Binky, their daughter Audrey.

There was a girl called Judith who had downes syndrome and lived near the school.

We were a family of 4 little girls who had a baby brother just before we left there. My Aunt looked after him for a couple of months til we moved as the house was damp and full of cockroaches

hi jack

still can,t put a face to you

say hi to billy brown,steve marsh, ask how rodgers back is, after sledging into the basement , old redgates.

frank

bishop st

Hi Frank sure will do if and when i come across any of the old crew i remember your Graham and Keith having a bit of a set to outside the Batty's house and your Graham cutting Keith's cheek with a knife brotherly love i think they called it in them days do you ever see any of your family nowadays i have some photos of Graham and myself taken in the old photo booth in Pond st not a pretty sight my Mum RIP went to live over the top of the KAYS on the tower block of flats at the bottom of Cemetery rd Rog and myself were quite often in trouble together used to climb the drainpipe into Bambridges fruit shop top window for the fags also through the roof at Gower & Burgins on the Moor when the Halfords shop was empty Colin Kay as you can imagine was a little heavy on Rog if i remember right arn't you the eldest of your clan about the same age as Eric Mangle,Bill Brown,Eric Mole etc i'm the same age as Paul Mangle, Bob Hobson.

Hi Jackie,

A further update. Elaine Dewsnap has recently remarried and lives in Australia. Gloria is married with 2 daughters (I think) and now lives in Herne Bay. My cousin Robert Hobson who used to have the petrol station on East Bank Road I have totally lost. Either that or he is trying not to be found. Paul Mangle, Linda Batty and Brian Hill I cannot find either. I have tried everything I can think of to try to find them. I know that we have all moved on and are different people now but we all used to be so close way back in our childhood and I would just love to be in contact again if it's only now and then. You must all be out there but where?????????????

Hi PAT i know this is a old post i will try to put a little light on some of the names you mention Elaine Dewsnap i believe went to live in Canada i also knocked about with Ronnie plus ALL the names you mentioned Gloria no idea? Linda married a postman named Maurice and moved to Immingham i went to her Moms funeral Paul was a big mate of mine but sadly lost touch in the 70s Brian no idea? Rob Hobson used to run a garage on East Bank rd but again sadly lost contact i sometimes see Derrick Baker ,Rodger Godley,Kevin Hepinstall Don Wainwright, used to see the Orwin twins but again lost contact sometimes see Bill Brown , Steve Marsh and just recently got in contact with Pete Carnell John his brother sadly passed away also Danny Marsh,Mick Lee RIP do you remember the huge bonfires we built on Moor st with dens built underneath also go raiding the Pearl st mob Bobby Knutts mates HAPPY DAYS:gag: .

Jack, would that be Geoff and Judith by any chance?

Jack, would that be Geoff and Judith by any chance?

If it's the Orwin twins you are talking about then their names are Peter and Tony Orwin. They have a younger brother called Trevor.

I have to say that I don't remember your name though but then I don't expect that you remember mine. Whereabouts did you live?

Grannypat

If it's the Orwin twins you are talking about then their names are Peter and Tony Orwin. They have a younger brother called Trevor.

I have to say that I don't remember your name though but then I don't expect that you remember mine. Whereabouts did you live?

Grannypat

Pat, I didn't live in the area but knew some Orwin twins called Geoff and Judith. They had brothers Dennis and Stephen and a sister Gillian. As Jack didn't mention the twins first names I wondered if they were the same. Funnily enough I went to school with a Tony Orwin but don't know if he was a twin.