Sheffield Wednesday v Fulham 07/05/17

Now this ones a conundrum, does CC pick the same team:

For

Keep the winning momentum going

Attempt to equal the clean sheet record yet again

Go for the a 7th straight win

Don't give any clues to Fulham

Against

Rest some of the players that are carrying injuries or just come back (FF, Lee, Hooper)

Rest the full backs (Pudil, Hunt have worked tirelessly)

Assume that Fulham will also rest players

I've a feeling the manager will keep the core of the team but bring in players like Palmer, Fox, Winnall to give them game time, may even have Hutch on the bench.

Meaningless 1-1.

Edited by top4718

Guest sibon

Look back to the Arsenal game in 1993 for a precedent. Then, both sides put out essentially reserve sides at Hillsborough, ahead of the FA cup final.

I expect a similar thing in this game. Neither manager will want to give anything away, or risk injury to key players. Two weakened sides and a cagey game.

The crowd should be fun though. I'm expecting a few songs of encouragement for Leeds from both sets of fans.

Thank goodness its tied up already and we have nothing riding on the result...

I think Carlos will adopt the same policy that he did against Wolves last season when play-offs were secured and he played a mainly second string 11 ..

Although it would be nice to get another win..!

Edited by Sheridan1-0

We have something to play for. Fulham don't. I expect a pretty changed side from Fulham.

I think we may go with Rhodes and Winnall though unless there is some issue with Winnall given his disappearance. But I'd hope we'd play a decent team and try and finish as high as possible.

It's a weird one as we could end up playing Fulham 3 times in less than 2 weeks. I'm just hoping for a 3rd or 4th place finish just so we play away first given the dates

We have something to play for. Fulham don't. I expect a pretty changed side from Fulham.

I think we may go with Rhodes and Winnall though unless there is some issue with Winnall given his disappearance. But I'd hope we'd play a decent team and try and finish as high as possible.

It's a weird one as we could end up playing Fulham 3 times in less than 2 weeks. I'm just hoping for a 3rd or 4th place finish just so we play away first given the dates

I don't think theres a problem with Winnall just that we have a strong bench at the moment and he's just missing out.

I don't think theres a problem with Winnall just that we have a strong bench at the moment and he's just missing out.

It seems to be strange that since he asked not to start at rotherham he's not been involved since and not been in the squad for the last 4.

Someone did say they have seen him recently and he was limping though so could be injuries although Carlos said he wasn't injured.

It seems to be strange that since he asked not to start at rotherham he's not been involved since and not been in the squad for the last 4.

Someone did say they have seen him recently and he was limping though so could be injuries although Carlos said he wasn't injured.

I didn't hear about the Rotherham incident to be fair.

Well this is my weakened team in a 4-3-3 formation

Wildsmith

Palmer , Jones Sasso, Fox

Macmanaman Semedo Buckley

Rhodes Nuhiu Winall

Fulham's league position is settled so that's their team selection done. I think finishing 4th might be best for Wednedsay but going for a win might see us finishing 3rd and facing Fulham.

Should we be scared of Fulham? Not really but I felt happier when it looked like Reading, Huddersfield and Leeds. I think we should be trying to win this match with whatever team Carlos puts out. I'd like to take a look at George Hirst.

Fulham's league position is settled so that's their team selection done. I think finishing 4th might be best for Wednedsay but going for a win might see us finishing 3rd and facing Fulham.

Should we be scared of Fulham? Not really but I felt happier when it looked like Reading, Huddersfield and Leeds. I think we should be trying to win this match with whatever team Carlos puts out. I'd like to take a look at George Hirst.

I'm sure I heard Hirst has an U23 game the following day so I wouldn't think he'd be involved, to be honest I'm pleased Leeds are out of the equation, the atmosphere in any game would have been vile.

Well this is my weakened team in a 4-3-3 formation

Wildsmith

Palmer , Jones Sasso, Fox

Macmanaman Semedo Buckley

Rhodes Nuhiu Winall

thats not too bad, id go with someat like that

Isn't there a rule that they cannot play a deliberate weakened team? Or was that just cup matches? Or heck did I dream it..