Sign in to follow this  

Any girls out there want to start running?

I want to get fit and would like to run but i feel i need the encouragement of running with other people.

I am very unfit and was just thinking about running around the edge of a park.

Anyone want to meet up to train?

Rach

I run a fair bit out from Crookes along to Crosspool and Rivelin - if you fancy doing a bit one evening I may be up for it - I haven't been runnign in the evening much as it's a bit lonely in the dark - but now it's back to work I can't run in daylight (except at weekends)

Originally posted by Jayne

I run a fair bit out from Crookes along to Crosspool and Rivelin - if you fancy doing a bit one evening I may be up for it - I haven't been runnign in the evening much as it's a bit lonely in the dark - but now it's back to work I can't run in daylight (except at weekends)

i live in crookes - i'd be up for doing some more running, but i don't know the area too well so i'm a bit stuck for routes.

i used to live by the hallamshire hospital and run down to endcliffe park and through to the woods, though now i'm in crookes this involves too many big hills on the way back!

Unfortunately from Crookes running anywhere seems to involve hills - although going along manchester road then up to Sandygate lane and back isn't too bad - I've been running a while so I have a few routes that I do (not as many for the dark though - tends to be street running)

there's a good bit of training called the springvale spiral - starting opposite the Springvale Beer Engine you go up the really steep hill to Slinn Street then down Bates St up Townend, down Mona etc until you get to Crookes. I haven't done it yet! but it sounds like a good bit of training

anyway those girlies who are interested in an evening run pm me and we'll try and arrange something - would have to be about 6 or thereabouts tho.

Red 2 – I’m not a student but I did used to use Goodwin sports centre – I just can’t afford it at the moment and I would rather run outdoors

Jayne and ms de meaner – maybe we could meet up some time for a short run? Its hard to judge other peoples level of fitness until you meet up but there is a small park in crookes where we could run laps so maybe if one runs faster than the other it would be safe because we would be able to see each other all the time.

Jaynes spiral sounds like it might be fairly good. Why do we live on the top of a hill!!!