The Sun - shameless scumbags?

Ok, think I've got what you mean.

Just looked at a few Canary articles. It looks very fact-driven to me. If anything slightly over egging the Corbyn angle but every article seems evidence based.

Bias aside that is rather unlike the Sun or the Mail. You're calling this one wrong in comparing them IMO but I'll cut you some slack and check the Canary every day or so to see if I'm wrong

It is incredibly difficult to find any news source that is unbiased. Stands to reason because everyone has subconscious bias and people migrate to those who agree with them. Look at the BBC, tries to be unbiased but gets accused of being both left and right wing all the time.

Just looked at a few Canary articles. It looks very fact-driven to me. If anything slightly over egging the Corbyn angle but every article seems evidence based.

They have on several occasions made an unreasonable leap of judgement or opinion, but they do usually reference their sources.

Well, the Sun do have a track record for being liars and scumbags, so...

Their Hillsborough coverage, the invented interview with the widow of a Falklands war hero.

On a smaller scale years ago I played rugby league fr Manchester University. A German lad turned up and played a few games for us. Next thing you know there is an article in the sports pages of the Sun headlined "It's wunderbar, says Hugo" about him. we pulled his leg gently about it before he simply said "I have never spoken to these people".

They'd just made it up.

It is incredibly difficult to find any news source that is unbiased. Stands to reason because everyone has subconscious bias and people migrate to those who agree with them. Look at the BBC, tries to be unbiased but gets accused of being both left and right wing all the time.

I have noticed that when presenters introduce Jeremy Corbyn, they say 'the left wing leader of Labour'. They don't say the right wing Theresa May. This leaves an impression in viewers mind's about Jeremy Corbyn. Whether or not Jeremy Corbyn's policies are left wing is subjective, and not an objective statement of fact.

i like the poster looked above see canary as nothing more than a left wing speaking post as before the suns front cover wasnt the latest front cover

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 18:05 ----------

Are you really not able to grasp it?

Imagine your gaughter had been murdered - would you want their image plastered all over the Sun's front page next to the face of her killer?

so what about the new york times posting something far more hurtful the picture of the device yet nothing said here not suprised at all the lefties dont like truth

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 18:07 ----------

Yes. It's an ultimately empty gesture from moral degenerates.

not surpised its you say its a insult from a leftie

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 18:08 ----------

I'm not missing anything by a country mile, your outrage and condemnation of a newspaper and a printed photograph is missing the point, where is your outage and condemnation of the incident or indeed Islamic terrorism generally, you along with a few others generally sit in the apologist camp ..... morally bankrupt indeed, your post is pathetic !

well said halibut is a apologist

Don't you just love the way that the right whingers tend to moan with atrocious spelling and grammar?

Don't you just love the way that the right whingers tend to moan with atrocious spelling and grammar?

love the way the left whinger actually moan about grammer and deflect from the issue the lefty way

i like the poster looked above see canary as nothing more than a left wing speaking post as before the suns front cover wasnt the latest front cover

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 18:05 ----------

so what about the new york times posting something far more hurtful the picture of the device yet nothing said here not suprised at all the lefties dont like truth

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 18:07 ----------

not surpised its you say its a insult from a leftie

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 18:08 ----------

well said halibut is a apologist

For whom? He comes across as a decent person to me.

love the way the left whinger actually moan about grammer and deflect from the issue the lefty way

Ahh sweet. He's as easily distracted as a kitten. Anyone got a laser pointer? They can be so much fun...

Ahh sweet. He's as easily distracted as a kitten. Anyone got a laser pointer? They can be so much fun...

Can they really?

As reported in the Canary, The Sun has again excelled in scraping the bottom of the barrel and produced a staggeringly appalling headline.

Exploiting the murder of children in an attempt to smear Mr Corbyn and doing it so dishonestly and so blatantly - you thought their Hillsborough coverage was a disgrace?

This is as bad, if not more so - they should have learned their lesson by now.

Would you support a movement by the people of Manchester to boycott The Sun?

Do you buy it? Why?

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/24/manchester-set-become-second-city-ban-sun-appalling-response-concert-bombing-tweets/

That was printed well before the Manchester attack old boy. :roll: