Pippa's wedding.

Why should anyone feel the need to do that.

So they can avoid being offended over someone spending a vast sum of their own hard earned money on a wedding.

Why should anyone feel the need to do that.

Coz that's the sensible thing to do when you don't want to watch a programme on TV. I do it whenever there's cooking on, which I'm sure is everyday of the week.

Well, I thought she looked beautiful. The bridesmaids and pages looked cute, and the whole thing went off with style. I hope she had a wonderful day, and good luck to them.

To me, this is the most surprising comment on this thread, given Anna's previous outrages at the amount of money some people earn while others live in poverty.

Personally I don't care a jot as I'm not a slave to celebrity. But seemingly if you're a young, beautiful society girl, loosely related to royalty it's fine to flaunt money. Whereas if you're a middle-aged businessman it's not. Who knew?

Maybe people just don't like the massive disparity in wealth in the world being rubbed in their faces?

Maybe it's that.

So, the press shouldn't cover anyone with money for fear of offending someone without?

I don't have even a percentage of the money they've got, and I don't care. I don't care that Bill Gates is the richest man on earth. Good luck to him.

I won't even say that the poorest could achieve such status if they tried, as that's obviously not true, but I'm afraid it's a fact of life, and it won't change. There will always be poor people and there will always be rich people. There will always be extremes of those. That's life.

To me, this is the most surprising comment on this thread, given Anna's previous outrages at the amount of money some people earn while others live in poverty.

Personally I don't care a jot as I'm not a slave to celebrity. But seemingly if you're a young, beautiful society girl, loosely related to royalty it's fine to flaunt money. Whereas if you're a middle-aged businessman it's not. Who knew?

It's their money. They can spend it how they want. At least there is some 'trickle down' effect. Sometimes I just get fed up of looking for the political angle.

Weddings are joyous, family affairs, Pippa looked sublimely happy. It cheered me to see it, in a very grey world. I'm happy for her.

Guest makapaka
So, the press shouldn't cover anyone with money for fear of offending someone without?

I don't have even a percentage of the money they've got, and I don't care. I don't care that Bill Gates is the richest man on earth. Good luck to him.

I won't even say that the poorest could achieve such status if they tried, as that's obviously not true, but I'm afraid it's a fact of life, and it won't change. There will always be poor people and there will always be rich people. There will always be extremes of those. That's life.

I didn't say anything about media coverage.

I replied after people accused the OP of inverted snobbery amongst other things.

You may see it as "that's life" but it doesn't mean people can't voice their displeasure at it.

---------- Post added 24-05-2017 at 23:11 ----------

It's their money. They can spend it how they want. At least there is some 'trickle down' effect. Sometimes I just get fed up of looking for the political angle.

Weddings are joyous, family affairs, Pippa looked sublimely happy. It cheered me to see it, in a very grey world. I'm happy for her.

It's not being political - you're right they can do what they want - but not liking it is not a bad thing either.

I didn't say anything about media coverage.

I replied after people accused the OP of inverted snobbery amongst other things.

You may see it as "that's life" but it doesn't mean people can't voice their displeasure at it.

---------- Post added 24-05-2017 at 23:11 ----------

It's not being political - you're right they can do what they want - but not liking it is not a bad thing either.

Sorry, just not in the mood to argue tonight. The world seems a very grim place at the moment.

Guest makapaka
Sorry, just not in the mood to argue tonight. The world seems a very grim place at the moment.

I wasn't trying to argue - just pointing out a different view.

There's plenty of good in the world love - the worlds always had its times of grim - nothing new unfortunately. Don't let it get you down.

Royals, royal relations and their spouses? The unspeakable in pursuit of ...the unspeakable ... to (mis)quote The Irish Playwright, God bless his wit.

Sooo... next time a tabloid rag features a story about a banker blowing his £10m bonus on a party on a yacht you'll be happy for him?

I would imagine he would be very joyous. And some of that will trickle down to others as well... probably in the form of Cristal down some hired dancer's cleavage.

But I'm sure you will be fine with that too, no?

Guest makapaka
Sooo... next time a tabloid rag features a story about a banker blowing his £10m bonus on a party on a yacht you'll be happy for him?

I would imagine he would be very joyous. And some of that will trickle down to others as well... probably in the form of Cristal down some hired dancer's cleavage.

But I'm sure you will be fine with that too, no?

Exactly - Couldn't have put it better myself.

Could you imagine the outrage!