Box set and binge viewing megathread.

New series of Black Mirror on Netflix now :D

They're filming series 4 now. Charlie Brooker thinks Black Mirror's series four 'predictions' could spell end of the world!:shocked:

Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Return just got released on Netflix...

13 Reasons Why.

Ive just put episode 11 on (at 2am) on my third night of watching.

Its compelling, and so so sad. It really made me think about how easily similar things could (and do) happen in real life.

Tragic.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is coming back next week.:D

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is coming back next week.:D

I love that show. :D Must have a narrow appeal though due to the cultural references. If you aren't aged somewhere between 30-35 you aren't going to get the vast majority of the gags...

I love that show. :D Must have a narrow appeal though due to the cultural references. If you aren't aged somewhere between 30-35 you aren't going to get the vast majority of the gags...

It's one of my favourite shows. I'm also glad Will and Grace is coming back on TV.:)

Just started watching Manhattan on Amazon, quite good. Its about the lives of the people living in Los Alamos during WW2, creating the 'bomb'.

Original twin peaks. Series one was ok, I've no idea what's going on with series two.

Just don't like the concept of box sets. You start watching a program and before you know it, season 19 is coming out. If I wanted to make such a commitment I would get married and have 9 children.

---------- Post added 29-05-2017 at 01:15 ----------

Ps

I know I'm old fashioned but I like a story with a beginning, middle and an end. Modern TV drama just goes on and on and on and on and on, to the point of nausea and irritable bowel syndrome.

Original twin peaks. Series one was ok, I've no idea what's going on with series two.

Have you season any of series three yet? I can't remember watching anything more weird in my life but it's very quite compelling so far.

Have you season any of series three yet? I can't remember watching anything more weird in my life but it's very quite compelling so far.

Not yet, I'm going to finish series 2 first.

---------- Post added 29-05-2017 at 20:08 ----------

Just don't like the concept of box sets. You start watching a program and before you know it, season 19 is coming out. If I wanted to make such a commitment I would get married and have 9 children.

---------- Post added 29-05-2017 at 01:15 ----------

Ps

I know I'm old fashioned but I like a story with a beginning, middle and an end. Modern TV drama just goes on and on and on and on and on, to the point of nausea and irritable bowel syndrome.

Certain shows box set really well. I missed Lost first time round but series breaks, mid series breaks etc would have ruined the flow and made it harder to follow. I did an episode a day on my lunch.

I like series 1 but series 2 was far too long and I don't think David Lynch directed many of them.

I've been re-watching Band of Brothers which is superb, surely one of the best WW2 dramas ever made.

I agree with the guy above about struggling to get into box sets, I prefer the more compact 10-12 episodes, 2 series max ones.