Sherrington road 30's. 40's, 50's & 60's

Hi My dads family ( The Greaves's) grew up in Sherrington Road, Sheffield - (sadly now dimolished) in the 20's - 60's and was wondering if there were any Mums, Dads, Granma's, Grandads others out there who grew up around there too and can share thier memories with me. I would be over whelmed if anyone can share anything about the street / schools / shops around these times.- Please ask around your family for me

Many thanks

Hi there, I've just discovered that one of my Gt Aunts lived at Sherrington Road, she died in '64, I assume her husband and son carried on living there. Their names were Connie and George Rodgers and their son was also called George. Do these names mean anything to you ??

Edited by Haydn72

The nearest schools was St Barnabas and Highfields School. After that you had Sharrow lane then lowfield school a few children attended in that vicinity. These were all junior and infant schools (Highfields i think had seniors) Plain Talker like myself lived in that area she has a wealth of information she would share in due course.

Do you know nicholls5 ??

Edited by Haydn72

I was born on Herschell Rd in 1937 and lived there until I got married in 1960. I married a girl who lived in Sitwell Place and later adjacent on London Rd. I attended Sharrow Lane School until 1952.

I have been trying to trace an old Friend of mine who lived on Sherrington Road. Name Norman?? Forgot his surname. Will be in his late 60's now. Lived with his Mum and Dad and had a golden labrador. Any info would be appreciated.

An old pal of mine, Lawrence Jeffcock lived on Sherrington Road, circa 1947 - 1970

I also remember twins ( girls ) surname Gee.

My Friend Norman, Lived opposite a small plumbers called Lazenby, I think.

He worked as an Electrician for a company called Bufton Electrics at Darnal. I believe he went to Granville college.Would like to know his Surname so I can try and trace him. This was all in the early 1960's

This scan from the 1957 Kelly's Directory might bring back a few memories for Sherrington Road people..:)

Thanks for the URL, brought back a few names.

At No 3 Gertrude Paston, a 2nd cousin of my wife.

24 & 30 the Lazenby's, I knew Alan and Peter.

My pal Lawrence Jeffcock lived at no 26

Thanks Hillsbro. However, no names came to mind. Do you have another ling for around 1963'ish