Liverpool v Real Madrid

Someone who scores close to 40% of the games he plays is a valuable striker, especially if they have done so for clubs like Man City, Inter and AC Milan (he scored near enough 50% for AC Milan in a season where they were struggling pretty hard).

I get why Rodgers brought him in for the money he did, it was worth taking the risk - don't forget that Suarez firmly fits into the 'bit odd' category as well.

I think it hasn't helped him that he is a lone striker- and Bolateli made clear he doesn't feel like a main striker, prefers playing behind someone.

Perhaps when Sturridge is back and fit, Rogers will try new formation.

However given his actions yesterday (swapping shirt at half time- and with the player marking him) will probably have some repercussions for him before he goes out again.

Someone who scores close to 40% of the games he plays is a valuable striker, especially if they have done so for clubs like Man City, Inter and AC Milan (he scored near enough 50% for AC Milan in a season where they were struggling pretty hard).

I get why Rodgers brought him in for the money he did, it was worth taking the risk - don't forget that Suarez firmly fits into the 'bit odd' category as well.

One goal in his last 14 league appearances for Man City though.

What rot these liverpewl fans speak. Ive just seen some on the news saying how "Ooooh, hes shown disrespect to the club and the entire city of liverpewl" and another said how Bolateli had "shown disrespect to the game of football"

Oh come on, its a game for crying out loud :lol:

What rot these liverpewl fans speak. Ive just seen some on the news saying how "Ooooh, hes shown disrespect to the club and the entire city of liverpewl" and another said how Bolateli had "shown disrespect to the game of football"

Oh come on, its a game for crying out loud :lol:

Do you reckon some of the quotes are from Everton fans who are just wafting the flames?

Ronaldo is a footballing genius, that first goal was pure class.

Whilst I think I'd have to pick Ronaldo as the better athlete, I'd rather have Messi on my team.

Somebody best described it as follows:

If Ronaldo had a good scoring chance to win the World Cup, but someone on his team was better placed, he'd still take the shot.

If it was Messi, he'd make the pass.

For me Messi is the better team player, whereas Ronaldo has the ego and it's all about him. Brilliant footballer, but I don't like his petulant me me me attitude.

Of course I'd pick Keith Edwards above them both. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Well stone me.

Fancy mentioning Edwards in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo :huh:

They're not fit to lace his boots. :hihi:

Do you reckon some of the quotes are from Everton fans who are just wafting the flames?

No. Id say they were genuine. Thick as pig **** but 100% genuine.

why not play Lambert ?

gives 100% and plays more games for England than Liverpool ???

Liverpool effectively putting out a 2nd string tonight against Real Madrid.

If they get battered in this game and lose to Chelsea on Saturday, the pressure will start to seriously mount on Rogers.

That team selection looks very disrespectful towards the Liverpool supporters who have paid good money to go out there and support their team.......Very strange.

Regards

Doom

Liverpool effectively putting out a 2nd string tonight against Real Madrid.

If they get battered in this game and lose to Chelsea on Saturday, the pressure will start to seriously mount on Rogers.

That team selection looks very disrespectful towards the Liverpool supporters who have paid good money to go out there and support their team.......Very strange.

Regards

Doom

They put their strongest team out 2 weeks ago...at home...and still got thrashed,so I can understand BR mixing it up differently for this tie.

Besides,its not like he's putting reserves/youth squad out there,he's just chopped and changed who's warming the bench.:D

They put their strongest team out 2 weeks ago...at home...and still got thrashed,so I can understand BR mixing it up differently for this tie.

Besides,its not like he's putting reserves/youth squad out there,he's just chopped and changed who's warming the bench.:D

I hope Liverpool win, but Rogers is leaving himself wide open to a lot of criticism if they get stuffed tonight and lose to Chelsea.

Regards

Doom

Well, they will lose vs Madrid and Chelsea, I feel.

They're hard games, so expected really.

Rodgers has been taking a bit of a hammering by a small section by all accounts. Which, let's be fair is very unfair.

If they feel mid table this year, it's business as usual for a once big team.