Road names changes/mistakes?

Just noticed that the council have changed the road name on Jordabthorpe from Selly Oak Road to Selly Oaks Road. They have planed to sparkling signs at each end of the road. Just wondered if there have been any other road name changes or mistakes in Sheffield?

Jordabthorpe ....... Thought it was Jordanthorpe!

Just noticed that the council have changed the road name on Jordabthorpe from Selly Oak Road to Selly Oaks Road. They have planed to sparkling signs at each end of the road. Just wondered if there have been any other road name changes or mistakes in Sheffield?

Mitsakes are easy to make aren't they?

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 22:17 ----------

.................sic

Just past what was The Norfolk Arms pub on Manchester rd the recently renewed sign states Onksley lane but I'm sure it should be Ronksley lane!

I remember some years ago a Sunday tabloid running a piece on the misspelling of 'Hazelbarrow' Road on the Jordo estate. I think there were three different spellings on different road signs - all within close proximity of each other.

Probably been corrected by now

Edited by abbeyedges
Addition

Craddock Road S2 is spelt 2 differing ways,(Craddock and Cradock) all within 200 yards of each sign,

I've seen quite a few signs in S5 that claim to be part of S4.

I've seen quite a few signs in S5 that claim to be part of S4.

And quite a few people with an S5 postcode claiming to live in Ecclesfield :-0

Just past what was The Norfolk Arms pub on Manchester rd the recently renewed sign states Onksley lane but I'm sure it should be Ronksley lane!

I agree Mediumfast,I thought should be Ronksley Lane as Ronksley Hall is at the top of it.