Moving: Cool "alternative" shops?

Guest Guest

Howdy!

I'm moving to Sheffield, ooooh on Sunday *giggle*, n rather than me having to wonder around like the lost soul I am, Can any of you luverlee peoples tell me if there is anywhere in that God forsaken place that isn't a "townie" shop and where I'd actually be able to get some decent clothes/music/stuffs, I know there's 1 shop in meadowhall which is cool but I can't seem to find any others!! I'm assuming there's some because when I went up to viw my flat with my b/f we saw some sex-ay looking alternatives with some of the coolest gear to ever walk this earth, so I'd guess there has to be some shoopes, that or y'all make your own stuff :lol: (I've been known too)

Anyhoo hope I haven't offended anybody! :?

Saara

Try The Forum on Division St its an arcade of independant shops

What's a "cool" shop please explain as I am a dinasaur, and do not understand these "funny" expression's. :D:)

If you are looking for something different - I think my shop cuts it - The Shades in Hillsborough

Moon Maiden

Guest Guest

The only shop to get groovy clothes from: freshmans boutique.

http://www.freshmans.co.uk

Its off Division Street on a road called Carver or Carnival Street -- the one with the Walkabout at the other end. Stocks loads of new n old stuff n loads of stuff from http://www.pop-boutique.com

:D Have fun...

Guest dude

I lived in Sheffield for a fair old while, and have yet to find a cool clothes shop..The Forum (everyone yaps about it) has a couple of small indie shops but it has no range...meadowhall is not that good either, just typical indoor shopping centre. if you want good shops your going to have to go to leeds, nottingham or manchester. I really would not bother looking around sheffield it will only depress u.

Guest dude
:wink:

For music try Record Collector in Broomhill or Forever Changes on Eclesall Rd/Hunters Bar.

depends what you mean by 'alternative' - if it's skate/punk/hardcore sort of thing, then go to Fuse in The Forum on Devonshire Street - they stock tons of clothing/accesories from UK and USA, and the staff seem to know their stuff and are dead nice.

Goth stuff - got to be Rocky Horrors. They've got it nailed from PVC Nurses uniforms, big crazy boots, mad shirts and all that kinda thing.

Retro - I guess Freshmans, again, in The Forum. Flares, retro Americana tops, old band t-shirts, stuff like that. It's pretty cool and cheap too.

hope this helps a bit.

I like shops that arnt townie and i manage to get along in sheffield pretty well....if i can anyone can im the most fussy person ever....also try o'neill in meadowhall they do some cool stuff that arnt townie also the staff are great *cough* me *cough* lol

Guest Diana Maratty

Try KICK ASS ANGEL on London Rd - she has some really cool stuff for clubbing etc.

shop at rocky horrors. expect the unexpected.