How do I get a CRB check done?

How do i go about getting a CRB check done?

What does it entail / involve?

How do i go about getting a CRB check done?

What does it entail / involve?

Get in touch with the S I A they will sort you out.

Who are the SIA?

the person your working for should be able to do this for you

I had to get one done for my work at HBS, so I can go on the Wards collecting requests, came back clear, I'm a good lad me! Clean as a whistle! :D

If you want to be a security guard???

Like Bunnykins said the people who want you to have it done should sort it out for you .

I do volumtary work at my sons school and they sorted it out for me and my husband was checked by the school he goes to with his ice cream van .

Ours both came back clean as a whistle cos were both good too :hihi:

If its for a school or an organisation like working with the elderly/disabled they are usually done free ( ours were ) but a friend of ours has just applied to be a taxi driver and had to pay £60 for the CRB check .

A CRB check is only valid for the organisation that requests it. I have 3 different CRB checks covering different organisations, plus a MOD security clearance, all of which are non transferable.

A CRB check is only valid for the organisation that requests it. I have 3 different CRB checks covering different organisations, plus a MOD security clearance, all of which are non transferable.

This is true, I currently have 4, all enhanced and clear.

In the case of a private nanny (not through an agency) it may be worthwhile volunteering somewhere so that you do have a CRB check done. Then at least you could give any parents you work for some kind of peace of mind, rather than none.

I Have had 1 crb check from the city council and this has been used by two other organisations that i have worked for, some companies/organisations want you to get a new one each time you go for a job but its not law, so some people will have more than one.

personaly i reckon 1 should cover all jobs ( mind you they need to be renewed) after all they should all come back the same, unless you commited a crime in between.

Google crbs there are umberella organisations that should sort you out cost between £35 - £50.