Radio for kids anyone remember?

anyone remember teatime radio for kids? there used to be an episode of Dick Barton special agent, Aunty Vi, .There was Saturday night that was in t special ,my dad would get the tin bath in and my brother and would sit and listen to Have a Go Joe, appointment with fear with Valentine Dial.my dad would go to the market early on and Saturday he'd bring back sweets, big hard coloured fishes ,humbugs,Scarborough rock sherbet dips and for mum Cadbury's mishapes for himself a big bag of broken biscuits oh happy innocent days

................Uncle Mac is the only one |I can bring to mind at the moment, plus some of the records, Puff the magic dragon, Sparky the magic piano, the The ugly duckling (wept tears over that one!) the kings new clothes etc!!!!!

i can remember, listen with mother,every weekday afternoon at 1:45 i think on radio 4 for 15 miutes. it was around 1953/54........any one remember?

Jennings goes to school in the 50s

i can remember, listen with mother,every weekday afternoon at 1:45 i think on radio 4 for 15 miutes. it was around 1953/54........any one remember?

That would be the old BBC Home service in those days, along with the shipping forecasts etc. Radio 4 was much later, around 1967.

I remember we all used to listen to a program called Childrens Favourites every saturday morning.This was a program for kids to send in requests to hear their favourite records.It would have been in the late 40s/early 50s.

anyone remember teatime radio for kids? there used to be an episode of Dick Barton special agent, Aunty Vi, .There was Saturday night that was in t special ,my dad would get the tin bath in and my brother and would sit and listen to Have a Go Joe, appointment with fear with Valentine Dial.my dad would go to the market early on and Saturday he'd bring back sweets, big hard coloured fishes ,humbugs,Scarborough rock sherbet dips and for mum Cadbury's mishapes for himself a big bag of broken biscuits oh happy innocent days
Sounds like my own childhood to a T. Yes, Wilfred (and Mabel) Pickles with "Have a Go"- and oh, Valentine Dyall and his "Appointment with Fear" - the Pit and the Pendulum etc. The thought of it still makes me shiver..:o.Memories!

Jennings goes to school in the 50s

Jennings and Darbyshire, their "swear words" were 'Fishooks!"

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 18:43 ----------

"Appointment with Fear"

What about "Journey Into Space" even the music was scary but Alfie Bass was in that as Lemmy and he had all the funny lines

Jennings and Darbyshire, their "swear words" were 'Fishooks!"

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 18:43 ----------

"Appointment with Fear"

What about "Journey Into Space" even the music was scary but Alfie Bass was in that as Lemmy and he had all the funny lines

loved Journey into Space

i

also remember the ovaltineys sitting in a cosy room with mum and dad