Old Thorncliffe arms, warren lane s35

Thought id post this....

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=NMS8Q9NYFY000

Anyone who lives on warren lane or surrounding areas or who used to visit this pub i think should object to the proposed plans IMO. Its a terrible idea to knock it down when it could easily be converted as it is.

Am sure the local NIMBYS will be on to it soon.

The same people who got the road made one way and restricted access which cut the blood supply to the pub and assisted in its demise.

now complaining about its redevelopment.

I loved the pub shame the local residents didnt support it.

Reap what you sow

I worked on Warren Lane and was known to visit this establishment and was where I had my first pint of Wards.

To destroy this place is such a shame in my opinion

would be a real shame, especially when it could easily be converted into a large house which would be better suited to the lane. Whoever owns it currently could still make a decent profit...

when we moved to warren gardens, the thorncliff and the Miners where full every sat and sunday night, and very busy during the day and night through the week,after roger there was a few landlords,but could not make it pay due to the price of beer and what the brewerys wanted in rent,it seems to be cheaper to drink at home now,and if a pub does not sell cheap food they go down,more than 3quaters of pubs in the country have closed down.

There were times that I met my work mates at the Miners on an evening after work and it was always busy .When we left work at Ransomes and Rapier for XMas .it was traditional for us to start at the Thorncliffe,then onto the Miners and finishing at the Norfolk before a festive trip into Chapletown .At just gone noon and all three pubs were rammed to the doors with punters and there were no Industrial estate then.So sad to see the decline of such good pubs.

It went for£110,000 when you think they want £250,000 for a bungalow it was cheap.