Sheffield firm on Queen Street?

Bit of a long shot this one...

but some years ago now, back in the 1970's, I dated a beautiful young girl who worked at a firm (of solicitors I think? it may have been something else) on Queen Street in the city centre of Sheffield.

I'm almost certain the name of the firm was Ernest Weston &Co. but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is it was a block of offices, more or less opposite where the 3 Cranes is, or was.

Of course, the name of the firm is not so important really, but it's just bugging me a little bit that I can't remember it. Definitely "Ernest" something or other.

Hi Derby Tup - the 1973 Kelly's Directory shows "Ernest Weston & Co, Accountants" at 55 Queen Street..:)

Hi

Yes, this Chartered Accountants was called Ernest Weston and Co, it changed its name in the early 1990's to plain Westons. It is/was on the first floor of Queens Buildings, taking up more than one half of the floor.

It had three distinguished partners, then one retired and became a consultant and they got a new junior partner in, who I believe is still there.

It has a slow turnover of staff......perhaps your beauty still works there?

:) If she does then she will be approaching 60 years old now. Gail was her name.

She was from Woodhouse.

If that rings a bell with anyone then I'd be amazed - and delighted!

I am happily married btw so am not looking for anything "extra-marital" but I thought she was a lovely girl and I regret having lost touch with her - although it is a long, long time ago now. I'd love to know that she's ok and healthy and happy.

Gail, if you happen to read this, I'm the guy who you were with in the Dove & Rainbow one night after work. The police came in and did an age check and I was only 17, so I got us both thrown out of the place! (Even though you were 19!). You packed me in after that! I don't blame you! Pity though!:)