Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Not at all! There doesn't have to be a God- because of anything. There just is! It is not even necessary that you or I believe in him. You can believe what you like and the world will still turn! There is evidence every where. Many of the things written in the bible have been verified by scientific discoveries and the miracles of our univers happen every day.
They will bend over backwards trying to seperate you from your beliefs. It is not enough for them merely to let you continue in the comfort you feel in God. Misery must become your lot enlightened by the drab Youtube. Don't let them bother you. Mother Teresa was never troubled by them.:)

The discoveries are not in the bible!!!!

The discoveries have been made by historians, and scientists to verify things written about in the bible!

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought that you were claiming that some latter day scientific discoveries were somehow revealed in the Bible. Me bad.

Only in the same way their rulers are human beings, or that they breathe air, or that they eat cornflakes (maybe). You said so yourself, they carried out their actions so that they could control people, not because they don't believe in God.

So why were they punished or executed then,for expressing a belief in God, or for being caught with a bible.

They will bend over backwards trying to seperate you from your beliefs. It is not enough for them merely to let you continue in the comfort you feel in God. Misery must become your lot enlightened by the drab Youtube. Don't let them bother you. Mother Teresa was never troubled by them.:)

....says Cardinal buck.:roll:

....says Cardinal buck.:roll:
Is this the best you can do? And I thought this was an intelligent debate. I guess I was wrong.:loopy:

Sadly I can't see into the future so have no idea what discoveries may be yet be made to prove or disprove anything. I only know that evidence was uncovered which shows there appears to have been a flood of biblical proportions, and that cities descibed in the bible which were destroyed have been uncovered. I have never heard anyone deny that the tribes of Israel were devided and taken as slaves into Babylon and Egypt and then scattered across the globe to face exile and persecution or that the wars and other recorded events did not happen.

I did say I don't believe that the old testament is the word of God so much as the word of men but it does seem pretty factual historicaly.

There was evidence of a flood, it was sadly not of 'Biblical proportions' though, it was, if you consider the size of the earth, a bit rubbish. I'll post details later if you're interested (unless someone beats me to it) I'm a bit busy just now.

So why were they punished or executed then,for expressing a belief in God, or for being caught with a bible.

For this reason.....

Yes they did want to crush the will of the people,so they could control them.

They will bend over backwards trying to seperate you from your beliefs. It is not enough for them merely to let you continue in the comfort you feel in God.

Can you give an example of this?

Not at all! There doesn't have to be a God- because of anything. There just is! It is not even necessary that you or I believe in him.

So how do you know this? What makes you believe this (this is a question in the OP by the way)

I would queston whether Ireland's troubles had anything to do with religious belief in the last century.

What? Protestants killing Catholics is nothing to do with religion? and the conflict went on for over 300 years:roll:

What? Protestants killing Catholics is nothing to do with religion? and the conflict went on for over 300 years:roll:

Well if you want to go that far back,you could even go back to the time of Henry V111 and include other monarchs and the the Cromwell period.The Irish had always rebelled against the control of the Ruling classes,and Sovereign power.

The grievances in the last century were nothing to do with religion,they were to do with politics.The religious label was just an identification mark, many of the early IRA leaders were Protestants living in the South of Ireland.

Sadly I can't see into the future so have no idea what discoveries may be yet be made to prove or disprove anything. I only know that evidence was uncovered which shows there appears to have been a flood of biblical proportions.[/Quote]

No there has not.