Damon's Restaurant, Crystal Peaks

Uneatable, unhealthy, greasy rubbish. The smell of fried food in the car park is enough to put you off.

As for the onion loaf I can only liken it to what I would imagine eating loft insulation would be like!

My son developed food poisioning from there a couple of years ago after attending a work xmas party. Loads of feral kids racing about. Believe me, there are better places

I said "for my birthday" not "on my birthday".

I'm also having a BBQ "for my birthday" which isn't actually "on my birthday"

oh im so glad youve cleared it up it really makes sense now:hihi:

I went to Damons for the first time last week ON my birthday.

I was really disappointed - from what I'd heard I expected more but it was OK, I wont be in a rush to go back though.

The onion loaf was totally not what I expected and it was like fried onions with chip shop scraps pure grease.

The ribs and scampi combo I had really was delicious. The meat fell off the ribs and was very juicy. My husband had a burger and said it was really over priced for what it was.

They didn't sing happy birthday to me as the waitress asked if I'd like them to or not. I did get a cake with a sparkler in it though.

One thing I thought was fantastic was the service, some of the best I've had in an establishment like that.

oh im so glad youve cleared it up it really makes sense now:hihi:

Glad I could help. Just wish I could help you with your grammar :D

I went to Damons for the first time last week ON my birthday.

I was really disappointed - from what I'd heard I expected more but it was OK, I wont be in a rush to go back though.

The onion loaf was totally not what I expected and it was like fried onions with chip shop scraps pure grease.

The ribs and scampi combo I had really was delicious. The meat fell off the ribs and was very juicy. My husband had a burger and said it was really over priced for what it was.

They didn't sing happy birthday to me as the waitress asked if I'd like them to or not. I did get a cake with a sparkler in it though.

One thing I thought was fantastic was the service, some of the best I've had in an establishment like that.

Thanks for the really in-depth review. Very helpful :)

I think it's more of a 'marmite' place. Guess you either love it or hate it.

Only one way to see if I like it though I suppose!

Thanks for everyone's help :D

Glad I could help. Just wish I could help you with your grammar :D

thats such a nice thing to say when people are trying to give you advice,

on second thoughts damons is really good for kids of your age, you will even get a sparkler in your cake,

There have been numerous threads on Damon's; try the search facility.

Personally, I find the place & its 'food' ghastly. Overpriced, overcooked, and fortunately for me, over there in Beighton.

Its slogan should read: "Eating out for people who don't eat out."

Edited by Ousetunes

There have been numerous threads on Damon's; try the search facility.

Personally, I find the place & its 'food' ghastly. Overpriced, overcooked, and fortunately for me, other there in Beighton.

Its slogan should read: "Eating out for people who don't eat out."

I'm not the only one then?

Thanks for the really in-depth review. Very helpful :)

I think it's more of a 'marmite' place. Guess you either love it or hate it.

Only one way to see if I like it though I suppose!

Thanks for everyone's help :D

If after all those negative reviews you're still planning to go, then I can't help thinking you've wasted our time. And yeah, use the search facility in future. Happy birthday for whenever it is!

Looks like I've got some catching up to do!

thats such a nice thing to say when people are trying to give you advice,

on second thoughts damons is really good for kids of your age, you will even get a sparkler in your cake,

I’m not getting a cake though, remember? I’m not going on my birthday.

It’s a shame though, I really love sparklers.

If after all those negative reviews you're still planning to go, then I can't help thinking you've wasted our time. And yeah, use the search facility in future. Happy birthday for whenever it is!

What difference is it to you whether I go or not?

How have I personally wasted your time? I wasn’t aware that I was forcing to you answer. Apologies if my original post came across that way.

Also, just referring to my original post, I did say: “I have read some reviews on here, but none are really recent.” – That means that I did use the search facility prior to posting a message, but thanks.

Lastly, thank you for the birthday wishes. I’m sure I’ll have a fantastic day.