Curries cooked by English people

Curry Club on a Thursday at Wetherspoons, probably cooked by english or east european people

You mean "popped in a microwave by english or east european people"..:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Are there any curry houses owned and ran by English people?

Do you mean 'Are there any curry houses owned and run by white people' ? :o:nono:

Maybe the OP has a hankering for "school dinner curry" with raisins in

Maybe the OP has a hankering for "school dinner curry" with raisins in

There are some great Anglo-Indian dishes left over from the days of Empire, but curry with raisins isn't one of them.

Kedgeree for instance which needs that old fashioned British "curry powder" to taste good.

I agree with Taxman. It's possible for anyone to knock up a fairly authentic curry at home, whatever their background or heritage. I've learned lots from various Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan friends and colleagues down the years, I've also read books and online recipes for curry pastes and powders. I don't follow any specific recipe these days, I just know what flavours I like and in what proportions and just make it up as I go along. It's about preparing your own blends of curry powders and pastes, about the fresh herbs and spices you use, the oil you fry in, the type of pans you cook in.

One thing I've never mastered at home though is that lovely tandoori flavour - as in tandoori chicken, or lovely puffy, blistered naan breads. Guess I'd need a proper tandoor oven to do this!

The secret of making a British Indian Restaurant style curry is you need to make a base gravy / sauce. Each individual curry is then made from this master sauce/ gravy . Authentic regional curries are made from scratch using individual spices. Anyone who is serious about making curries I have put a link to join, you will find information on everything you will need to know . No curry houses would buy them from the parkway markets they make their own.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=3.0

Like hell they do! :hihi:

From one who constantly plays the race card thats a very racist comment.

From one who constantly plays the race card thats a very racist comment.

No it isn't, I bet you wouldn't order a full English fry up from a place run by a Muslim due to the fact that Muslims don't know how to cook one properly as its not their usual cuisine.

You can put your racist card away now.....:rolleyes:

No it isn't, I bet you wouldn't order a full English fry up from a place run by a Muslim due to the fact that Muslims don't know how to cook one properly as its not their usual cuisine.

A full english breakfast tends to have bacon, so I probably wouldn't order one from a place run by muslims no..

EDIT: For fear of being misunderstood (which I think I already have been) I mean I probably wouldn't order one because it wouldn't be offered.

Edited by Robin-H
Clarification

A full english breakfast tends to have bacon, so I probably wouldn't order one from a place run by muslims no..

I sell pork products in my convenience shop, would you not buy any of them due to the fact I'm a Muslim?

I had fish & chips from a Muslim run shop in Leeds last week and they were excellent, keep your over genralisations to yourself.