Mojo club in the 60s

Hi

I was wondering if anyone used to go to the mojo club in the 60s ?

my brother used to be in a band called Chicago line and they released a single called Shimmy shimmy ko ko bop / jump back

legend has it that Peter stringfellow (then their manager ) sang backing vocals.

its my brothers 60th birthday party this weekend and we would love to share some storys from the good old days !!!!

thanks

hope you kept a few copies of that single, record collector price guide values it at £110 in mint condition

I used to go to the King Mojo then all the time, he's the same age as me as well ... maybe we know one another.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone used to go to the mojo club in the 60s ?

my brother used to be in a band called Chicago line and they released a single called Shimmy shimmy ko ko bop / jump back

legend has it that Peter stringfellow (then their manager ) sang backing vocals.

its my brothers 60th birthday party this weekend and we would love to share some storys from the good old days !!!!

thanks

Hi bali you might find this thread usefull?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24567&highlight=stringfellow

thanks for that information it made interesting reading. my brother has that book already but i enjoyed reading the link.

thanks

Hi he was from High Green and my other brother and sister used to go all the time too, it sounds like it was the place to be in the 60s or (maybe it just gets more flowered with the passing years) !!!

hope you kept a few copies of that single, record collector price guide values it at £110 in mint condition

where did you get that information from ??

my copy is not in mint condition as we always get it out at partys and have a good sing song and bop to it but will ask my brother if he still has a copy. thanks for the information.

Hi he was from High Green and my other brother and sister used to go all the time too, it sounds like it was the place to be in the 60s or (maybe it just gets more flowered with the passing years) !!!

It was definitely the place to be ... especially if you were a mod :)

You could go to clubs in those days at a quite young age as none of them was licensed for alcohol. Did they go to the Black Cat, Esquire, Club60, Shades, Blue Moon as well?

I used to go to the Mojo all the time and I remember the Chicago Line very well.They were an excellent group who made their mark when they appeared as support to the Small Faces and stole the show.The Stringfellow bros.managed them for a while and Peter produced their single.It's a pity he couldn't find them an original song to record.

I used to go to the Mojo all the time and I remember the Chicago Line very well.They were an excellent group who made their mark when they appeared as support to the Small Faces and stole the show.The Stringfellow bros.managed them for a while and Peter produced their single.It's a pity he couldn't find them an original song to record.

that is really interesting information.I have bought my brother the original Shimmy Shimmy By little Antony and the imperials for his birthday.

My brother was the lead singer with Chicago line. do you remember him ??[/i]

It was definitely the place to be ... especially if you were a mod :)

You could go to clubs in those days at a quite young age as none of them was licensed for alcohol. Did they go to the Black Cat, Esquire, Club60, Shades, Blue Moon as well?

I have spoke to my sister who is a bit younger than my brothers and she said she was a bit too young for the black cat and the blue moon but she used to go to the esquire (her first all nighter) and shades ( she still has her membership cards for them all) but i am sure that my other two brothers will have gone to all of them because they are older than my sister.

A copy of CHICAGO LINE SHIMMY SHIMMY KO KO BOP / JUMP BACK ( UK PHILIPS BF 1488 1966) went for £200 at the end of last year on ebay (see popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=180052389513)

I was a mod in the 80s/90s and still go to the occasional do. This song was really big at mod dos (including 'Brighton Beach' at the City Hall) in the late 90s early 00s. I've danced to it many times - a great track to dance to :D