Roland Roy& Jackie Toaduff

Who remembers this clubland act, i saw them in the Isle of Man 1970,along with Ronnie Dukes&Rickie Lee,they were a marvellous act,as were Dukes& Lee,There just isnt talent like that anymore.

Who remembers this clubland act, i saw them in the Isle of Man 1970,along with Ronnie Dukes&Rickie Lee,they were a marvellous act,as were Dukes& Lee,There just isnt talent like that anymore.

I remember them. At one time they were based at The Chantrey Hotel, Dronfield. Not brothers at all. I think their pianist was called Colin Edwards - I think. They counted Ginger Rogers and Ruby Keeler amongst their friends

They use to be friendly with my grandparents. Sadly both now deceased, (my grandparents not Roland and Jackie). My grandmother and father both did a bit of clubland singing at the same time.

Jackie Toaduff..I believe was a champion clog dancer in his early career before he teamed up with Roland Roy.

"wtaw" Is My Daughter, And She Only Has Part Of The Tale

Roland And Jackie Are My Younger Brothers Godfathers.

He Is Now 51 , So You Can Guess How Old Roland And Jackie Are.

They Do Own The "chantry Hotel" In Dronfield And Do Live Here.

I Haven't Seen Jackie For A While, He Used To Come To Rehearsals

When I Was Rehearsing "me And My Girl" At Croft House

Jackie Was Indeed British Chmpion Clog Dancer, And Was Engaged To

Partner Roland Roy, Then A Single Act. Colin His Manager And

Accompianist Turned Them Into A Leading Headline Act They Had Their Own Shows On Board Q.e.2 For Years. This Is Where Theymade Friends With The Likes Of Ginger Rodgers, And Loads Of Other Major Movie Stars. Rubykeeler And Margaret O'brien Made Numerous Visits

To Stay In Dronfield. Jackie Told Me , Around '82 When I Was Playing Pickwick, That He Was Being Considered For The Part Of "jimmy Cagney"in A Film Of His Life........so Yes They Were Much More Than A Club Act....they Were World Class...........

Imet them and enjoyed their act on the QE2 IN 1980

i know them they come to my parents reasturant in bakewell every sunday and they live near

Did Jackie Toaduff used to be pals with Ruby Keeler, the Hollywood star? I feel sure she used to stay with Jackie in Dronfield many years ago.

Did Jackie Toaduff used to be pals with Ruby Keeler, the Hollywood star? I feel sure she used to stay with Jackie in Dronfield many years ago.

I first met Roy, Jackie, Colin & Stuart when I went to repair the phones at the Chantrey in Dronfield.

Ruby Keeler (ex wife of Al Jolson) was there when we had lunch at the Chantrey one day, she was sat at the next table.

On another occassion I was doing some telephone work for Jackie and had just fixed his phone when a call came in from Ruby.

I don't think Ruby liked to talk about Jolson.