Sheffield Blitz Film Screening Dec 11th

For those interested in the Sheffield Blitz there is a special free screening of archival footage that is going to be screened in the recently refurbished Head Post Office on Fitzalan square (now the Sheffield Institute of Arts). There are 2 screenings on the 11th Dec (11.00 and 14.00) and the film run 1hr15mins approx. Seating is limited but you can register through eventbrite (just search for sheffield blitz)

thanks me-and-pippo for posting link (it wouldn't let me do it!)

Edited by hairshirt

Enjoyed the film about the Sheffield Blitz, thanks for posting the info I hadn't seen or heard about it anywhere else.

It was good to go inside the old GPO building now taken over by Hallam University, my first visit for many years. The main hall is still recognisable although the long counters have been removed. Open to the public it has a small cafe inside.

Thanks again.

Suspect many people who hadn't seen this (or who live away from the city now) would be interested in seeing the film.

If the archive footage was made available on DVD, I guess there would be enough purchasers to make the exercise worthwhile financially, and be appreciated.