Parkway Market & its railway sidings.

I am hoping to get clarification about the railway connection to the Parkway Market. Am I right in thinking that the only place the Parkway Market has been located, since Castlefieds Market was closed, is the present site adjacent to the railway line behind Costco, and not anywhere else in Attercliffe.

I have the idea that produce was brought into the market by train over the railway flyover line which was used by steam engines coming onto the engine sheds.

Nothing to do with the above, but I do remember going to Castlefields market with my Dad in the 1940's when he had a fruit & veg shop in Dinnington.

Back in that time I believe Blast Lane was the railway sidings used to bring in the fruit & veg for the Castlefields market.

When I was a school boy Kettle Bridge was where they kept a lot of old train engines Top of woodbine Road they kept passenger stock

Yes, and thanks for your reply. That would be Darnall engine shed, closed to steam in 1963. I'm afraid most steam engines looked old and dirty at that time, as cleaning engines was hard and dirty work, and most lads couldn't fancy it.