F1 2016 Megathread

Qualifying back to normal for now but not sure what new ideas they can come up with for it.

Lewis going through some bad luck at the moment, ERS problem ruined his qualifying today.

Just when the Ferrari's think they might pip Nico to pole Mercedes turn it up a gear. A good 2nd place on the grid for Danny Ric though.

Has anyone noticed that the radio commentary is a lap in front of the sky coverage?

Has anyone noticed that the radio commentary is a lap in front of the sky coverage?

Yeah I spotted that but everyone spotted this. A bit of bickering between Kvyat and Vettel post race which was more entertaining than most of the race.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12529/10246859/watch-sebastian-vettel-chastises-dannil-kvyat-after-chinese-gp

As for Lewis is having some awful luck at the moment and his strategist are hardly helping him either.

Great race yesterday, Vettel really didn't have a valid argument over Kvyat's move though.

F1 is the only sport I know where everyone is known by their Christian names. Who on earth started this?

It is already becoming a boring season.

Rosberg's car seems untouchable and Hamilton's car always a mechanical fault.

Then there is everyone else squabbling over 3rd in the championship.

Yeah, I agree. 1st and 2nd are reserved for Mercedes, its all about the challenge for 3rd.

And if Hamilton can come second with a broken car, there's not much hope for the other teams unless there's a crash or major fault.

Poor old Seb though, I bet this means his spat with Kvyat will rumble on all season.

It is already becoming a boring season.

Rosberg's car seems untouchable and Hamilton's car always a mechanical fault.

Then there is everyone else squabbling over 3rd in the championship.

Apparently Hamilton and Rosberg have swapped mechanics this season. So Rosberg's mechanical problems seem to have followed the mechanics over to Hamilton.

Mechanics swap not related to car trouble – Hamilton

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/05/01/319006/

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 11:34 ----------

Max Verstappen replaces Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull for rest of season

Max Verstappen has been promoted to Red Bull and Daniil Kvyat dropped to junior team Toro Rosso with immediate effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36206848

F1 is the only sport I know where everyone is known by their Christian names. Who on earth started this?

Lewis and Nico:D

Lewis and Nico:D

That was a quick race for them!

Who will get blame for that? I doubt we'll here from them even after the race. I think it sways to Nico's fault.

Lauda,sorry Niki, has already blamed er,Lewis:D