Sheaf valley baths

Guest sibon
I remember going to jump off the top diving board and i looked down and though there is no way i'm going to jump off that so i turned round and went back down the steps.

Wimp.

I did it once. I was about 15 and had gone up there with a girl that I fancied. She jumped, so I had very little choice.

It was a very long way down... and even further back up to the surface.

Sadly, it got me nowhere:D

I know you could climb up walls when us lot had done , now,t to do with Queens head though just the £10 per thousand.

As for the Town Hall i take it you mean the Egg Box . no brickwork on that job mate just Ticky Tack but they still pulled it down so as the PLANNERS could start all over again and justify there existence.

You could have 3 months paid on the sick with the PWD though.

I had a short spell with them working wth Tommy Smedley on the Waterthorpe.

Edited by alex3659

You could have 3 months paid on the sick with the PWD though.

I had a short spell with them working with Tommy Smedley on the Waterthorpe.

It was marvelous how the lads seemed to have a miraculous cure to the illness just the day after the 3 months.

My mum used to work in the cafe at Sheaf Valley. Brilliant chip butties.

I can still remember the phone number too 24267 lol

the diving pool was 3.8m deep. the 1st splash was 1m, the 2nd splash was 3m and top splash was 5m. i used to be in diving club 1981-83.

Can you remember those things we used to put clothes in? coat hangers with baskets! I was in the diving club and the boards were 2,5 and 10 metres! **** missen diving off the "second splash" straight onto the top splash after though and never looked back, those were the days. Calling, green band, calling red...

Sheaf valley bath was the best swimming baths of all times...

---------- Post added 01-11-2014 at 13:31 ----------

Heeley baths was cool for a little swimming baths spent most of my child hood there with..

I went for swimming lessons at sc for what seems like ages probably 2 years.

I didn't learn to swim there however my dad taught me on a rainy week at celebrities when the baths were the driest place to be!

I do remember the baskets and the smelly changing rooms used by the club an school parties but most of all I remember the wonderful tomato soup from the vending machine then back to pond street with wet hair to freeze to death waiting for the. Bus

Happy days

Absolutely loved Sheaf Valley my nannan were manager there pretty much up until it closing. I remember being petrified at the sight of 'top splash' we're very eerie looking when building were empty as I recall. Some fun times had there