Did anyone go to St.Peter's School in 1959 thru' 1961

Who went to St.Peters in the early sixties?

Who remembers Mr. Farrell and Mr. Farmery? and Miss Johnson?

When to St Peters 68to73, can,t remember any of those name.

Mr Martin was the Headmaster.

Hi my brother played football for the school.....john brewster

Hey Crosslad , you'r a long way from home !!!!

I went to St Peters and was the first thro the gates on the day it first opened. Yes I remember the above and others too. Farmery taught english if I remember correctly and Farrell did PE, if you did anything he didnt like he would lift you up with your sideburns (ouch :gag:). Not the done thing these days but then it was very differant . Can't remember what Johnson taught. I left at christmass '59 and started work a couple of weeks later. To be honest I dont think I ever settled in the place but to be fair I wasn't there for very long. The things I enjoyed most was the woodwork class with Mr Cherry and the old cross country running, always in front 'till we got to Ecclesfield pond then after talking to any anglers for a half hour I would trail in last for the booby prize ---- a pull on the old sideburns (lol):help:

I left St PETERS IN 1970 , my sister Miare Touhey was in that first intake followed by three sisters & five brothers , sadly Miare died last year .

yes i remember all those teachers Mr fitzpatrick was the headmaster miss johnson what a cracker i was in the first lot that went to st petes when it opened and would love to hear from my old classmates bob brown gary catlin rob bradly

Hey Crosslad , you'r a long way from home !!!!

I went to St Peters and was the first thro the gates on the day it first opened. Yes I remember the above and others too. Farmery taught english if I remember correctly and Farrell did PE, if you did anything he didnt like he would lift you up with your sideburns (ouch :gag:). Not the done thing these days but then it was very differant . Can't remember what Johnson taught. I left at christmass '59 and started work a couple of weeks later. To be honest I dont think I ever settled in the place but to be fair I wasn't there for very long. The things I enjoyed most was the woodwork class with Mr Cherry and the old cross country running, always in front 'till we got to Ecclesfield pond then after talking to any anglers for a half hour I would trail in last for the booby prize ---- a pull on the old sideburns (lol):help:

miss johnson taught geography mr farrel had abamboo cane called uncle henry he used it on me on a regular basis his pet name for me was u horrible little man

i left st peters in 1963 i rember all the teachers you've mentioned, i've got fond memories of Mr, Mcnerny not so fond ones of Sister Josephine and Mr Hempill i was terrified of them two i enjoyed my time their all the same.

I left St PETERS IN 1970 , my sister Miare Touhey was in that first intake followed by three sisters & five brothers , sadly Miare died last year .

Biglil, I remember (just) your sister. Please accept my sincere condolances on your families sad loss.

i left st peters in 1963 i rember all the teachers you've mentioned, i've got fond memories of Mr, Mcnerny not so fond ones of Sister Josephine and Mr Hempill i was terrified of them two i enjoyed my time their all the same.

Sister Josephine-- what a terror she seemed to be for anyone who didnt do what they were told:suspect:. In fact she was a lovely person who i knew had a heart as big as a bucket:)- more like her in schools today and the kids would be more capable when they left:confused:.

Sister Josephine-- what a terror she seemed to be for anyone who didnt do what they were told:suspect:. In fact she was a lovely person who i knew had a heart as big as a bucket:)- more like her in schools today and the kids would be more capable when they left:

i totally agree :)

I went to St Peters Sec Mod between 1965 and 1969. The Headmaster was Mr Charles Martin (Charlie to us pupils!). I can only remember the first name of the Deputy Headmaster as being Bernard. Mr Martin always used to stand in the front of the hall at morning assembly with his thumbs behind his braces. My teachers were: The mad, sadistic Sister Josephine who mercifully didn't put me off the film The Sound of Music by playing it at every music lesson(!), Sister Veronica (Needlework) who was lovely, Mr Prophet and Mr Anyon (Science), Miss Kerrigan (Music), Jim McNerney (History), Frank Farmery (English and Form Teacher), Mr Cherry, Mr Dodds (Maths), Mrs Dodds (PE) and Mr Pearson (Jed to us pupils!). I can also remember one occasion when practically the whole school was caned for being out of bounds when we waved goodbye to the Royal Marines who had visited us!