Genealogy: Savage family in Sheffield

I have quite a full family tree for my grandma's side of the family and there is a good deal of research been done my for mother-in-laws side.

But for some reason the fellas on both sides seem scarce on information.

So if anyone is reading this and has information on Savage family in Sheffield could you please get in touch.

Moon

Any chance of you being related to Rick Savage of Def Leppard?:P

I went to school with a few Savages, but I doubt it's the one's you're looking for. Live at Intake I think.

Chloé

I have details of 3 generations of John Blanchard Savage starting in Rotheram 1850's, moved to sheffield before 1884. Any help?

Anne

Guest HappyShopper

I went to school with a lass called Savage. I think her name was Vagania if that's any help.

Originally posted by HappyShopper

I went to school with a lass called Savage. I think her name was Vagania if that's any help.

Wow, that's an unfortunate name. Well, almost.

There was a family on the Badger estate in Woodhouse called Savage back in 86-87 that I (and most of the estate) knew. Husband (allegedly) got drunk one night and burnt their house down.

I had an aunt and uncle called Savage - my uncle was called Walter and my aunty was called Dorothy (people usually called her Dolly - her maiden name was Glaves). My cousin, their daughter, is called Sheila and has a son and two daughters (Mark, Diane and Yvonne). Walter and Dolly lived on the Greenhill estate for as long as I remember, but have been dead for many years. Walter was one of the troops rescued from Dunkirk. Whilst looking for another relative's grave, in the Pitsmoor cemetery, I came across graves of several Savages.

There were some Savages lived at the farm on Manor Lane, not sure which years though. They were something to do with Sheffield Abbotoir on Cricket Inn Road or maybe they just took the cattle there for slaughtering.

I can't find the paperwork at the moment but will let you know when they were there, later.

I have a lot of information on the Savage family of Sheffield. John Blanchard Savage was born in Blacktoft, married Elisabeth Luty in Bramham, lived briefly in Rotherham and then settled in Sheffield.

The children of John Blanchard Savage and Elizabeth Luty are: William. Fred, John Blanchard, George, Thomas, William.

I am descended from Thomas Savage and Annie Marshall Harris. Please contact me if you share this Savage line as I have a lot more information.

my dad is a savage, and well, so are all of us. We live in Sharrow/Nether Edge!